X band V1G2

grock

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I’ve ran into a few Ohio state troopers running X band with my R7, however, despite driving the same roads for 4 months with the V1G2 I have not had similar encounters. This is despite running into the troopers hidden with the old x band antennas on their roofs.

I was wondering if anyone has had any x band encounters with the V1G2? Or for that matter knew anything about how it filters X band?

DocTJ

PSL + X= 100
Premium Plus
Advanced User
Reaction score
Any videos of this on your R7? I’m genuinely interested.
my first speeding ticket was with X band in early 2000s in NJ.
Also have they gotten rid of any equipment and upgraded lately hence why you’re not coming in contact with them ?

grock

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Any videos of this on your R7? I’m genuinely interested.
my first speeding ticket was with X band in early 2000s in NJ.
Also have they gotten rid of any equipment and upgraded lately hence why you’re not coming in contact with them ?

Unfortunately I do not have videos, however, you make a good point about replacing equipment, as 33.8 is now a daily encounter.

biolink

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I've heard others on the forum mention that switching bands is not necessarily an upgrade. New guns can be made in all bands.

Last edited:

fjonathan

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I'm in central Ohio. I drive about 36k miles per year. I can't recall the last X band (police) encounter that I've had in the past two years. I have seen a few random x band falses.

Rocket Jockey

Learning to Fly
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Beginner User
Reaction score
I Just Passed Through Ohio, I Had Over A Dozen Legitimate Hits On X-Band!
From Toledo To Cincinnati On I-75!

Drove Through the Entire State of Kentucky! Tennessee! And Georgia Into Florida!
On I-75 From Detroit After Picking Up My 2021-GMC Yukon Denali XL-Dt! (Dt) Diesel Turbocharged!

More Than 100 X-Band Hits Passing Through Kentucky! Tennessee & Georgia!
Georgia Was More Problematic Than I Expected It Would Be! Do To the Contention Roadway Laws!
And! Super Speeder Laws Now Enforced In Georgia! I Sped Up Only When I Had Enough Traffic For Cover!

For the Rest of You Who Don't Know About the Roadway Contention Laws In Georgia, It Means;
When Any Police Officer Traveling Out of Their Jurisdiction Can & Will Intercede A Motorist That
Presents A Danger To the Public's Safety! By Their Speeding On Public Roadways!
Other Than, "Too Fast For Conditions"!
Then! You Have the Super Speeder Laws! More Like We Gotcha By dee Walls! Left the "B" Out! 🤣
Which Means: The State of Georgia Adds, Added Fees! Surcharges! And Taxes Onto Your Speeding Ticket!
If Convicted of Speeding Violation! And You Will Be Without A Lawyer! oooch!

Entering Florida!
Had Multiple Hits In Gainesville! Ocala! And In Tampa!
Some In Fort Myers! None In Naples! But A Few On Alligator Ally Into Ft Lauderdale!

There's "NO LAW" That States Law Enforcement Can't Use X-Band Radar!!!...
They Can! And Do! At Their Convenience/Discretion!

To Make Matters Worse! ALL LEO's Must Maintain Their 30-Day FCC-Compliance,
To Keep Their Operating License of X-Band For Their Departments! And! Equipment!

On Their Patrol Daily Logs, Must Show When & How They-(The Operator) Were Using X-Band,
Throughout Their Patrol! Traffic Enforcement! & Traffic Monitoring For the Past 30-Days!
Certification of User Within 30-Days! And! Calibration of Said Equipment Within 30-Days!
Plus, Daily Calibrations Before Shift-Usage! Then! End of Shift Usage!

Police Departments Are Not Going To Give-Up Access To 100-Million/Billion Dollars of Aid
From the Federal Government! That Helps Run Their Departments! Keep Them Employed by
Catching You Speeding Because You Shut Off X-Band! The Police Get Points For Traffic Citations!
More Points! More Government Money! Including Arrest!

RDF Members Seem To Be Oblivious of This FACT! And! Continue To Disregard the Use of X-Band!

Once And For ALL! An Action Notice/Posting To the Use! And Lack of Use! Of, X-Band Needs To Be

Thoroughly Explained To the Consequences of Not Using X-Band On Your Radar Detector!

Every Radar Detector Windshield Mount And, Remote Comes With X-Band For A Reason!
You Use ALL the Tools Available To You!

"
It's Best To Have & Not Need"! "Than To Need & Not Have"!

If Any RDF-Member Can Find The YouTube Video of A Cop Pulling Over Motorist For Speeding, I Will Send
$100! Through Pay Pal F&F For That RDF-Member! It's From 2014/15!
I Didn't Have the Software Then, As I Do Now To Save That YouTube Video!

This Is the Exchange; Driver, "How Did You Get My Speed My Radar Detector Never Went Off"?
LEO, "I Used X-Band To Catch You In the Open"! Driver, "X-BAND! You Used X-Band To Get My Speed"?
Cop, "Yep"! Driver Then Says, "I Thought You Guys Didn't Use X-Band Anymore"? Cop, "Who Told You That"?
Driver, "Read It Online That Cops Use K! & Ka! Now"! Cop, "We Can Flip Bands Anytime We Want"!
Driver, "[email protected]"! The Rest Is Bleeped In the Video!

With That Said! I'll Leave "1" of My Favorite YouTube Videos For You To Watch!

Last edited:

Bossdad71

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
So you're saying you had over 100 legit x band hits? Ummmm

Rocket Jockey

Learning to Fly
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Beginner User
Reaction score
How To Stay Out of Jail! 😫 And! Keep You Off YouTube For ALL dee Right Reasons! :D

Rocket Jockey

Learning to Fly
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Beginner User
Reaction score
So you're saying you had over 100 legit x band hits? Ummmm
Actually More!... And Confirmed With Uniden BearCat BCD536HP Digital Police Scanner!
With Updated Digital Package For the Central Midwest Codes!

Picked Up Most Police Bands! And Usage of Radar In Those Areas!
Counties! Municipalities! Cities! And Designated Snatch & Grab Areas In Kentucky! Tennessee! And Georgia!

Running; MPH Bee III/Python! And Genesis II Radar! X-Band! X-Band! & More X-Band! When You Least Expect It!

LEO's Are Out For "BLOOD"! Towns Throughout Central Midwest, Have Lost Millions In Needed Revenue$$$...
That's Obtained From Speeding Tickets! Citations! And Seizures Throughout Major Highway Corridors In the US!
Due To This Pandemic, ALL Law Enforcement Agencies Are On dee Hunt For Your A$$ets!!!...

Now! LEO's Are Using Everything They Have Available To Them! To Get "YOU"!
X-Band Radar Is Cheaper To Operate! And More Feasible Than K/Ka Is!

I Just Posted A YouTube Video of A Uniden R3 User Astonished That A LEO In Running X-Band!!! 😧
Guess How He Would've Felt Knowing $3000+ Ticket Was Avoidable by Just Turing X-Band On His R3???!
Lucky For Him! He Did!

Speeding Tickets Are Going Up 200%! To Over 400%! Plus! Court Fees! Surcharge Fees! Your Travel Expenses!
Especially If You Got the Ticket Passing Through That State! That Mandates Your Appearance In Court Like Virginia Does!
Found Guilty! Your Insurance Goes Up For the Next 3-Years! or, Longer! Point Reduction Class! A Must!
That's $350! To $600! For the Class In Several States! But, Conviction Stays On Your Drivers License For 7-10 Years!
In Your State's Database, Tracking Your License Driving History! Call Your State's DMV And Ask!
And! Your Driver's License Is Now Used For Your Credit Score!...

Now! How Does This Ticket Affect Your Job?!!! Still Have A Job?!!!
In the Process of Being Stopped For Speeding! Did They Seize Your Vehicle? Take Your Money!
Like They Do In Tennessee! Lock You Up? Lose Your License In the Process? And On! And On! And On!...

*This Part Is A General Statement* *A Figure of Speech* *No Offense To My Fellow Members*
Just Because You Decided To Shut Off X-Band On Your Radar Detector! How Stupid You Must Feel!...

Last edited:

Rocket Jockey

Learning to Fly
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Beginner User
Reaction score
Benzr is that you? But seriously there's so much false info in that post I don't know where to start
At least Benzr gets his info right
I Have NO IDEA What Your Talking About!

X-Band Use Is On the Rise Throughout the US! Alaska! Hawaii! Puerto Rico! St Thomas & St Croix!

I Just Drove In the Past 2-Days From Detroit To Florida! The Use of X-Band Radar Is In High Usage
Throughout Michigan! Especially In the Metro Detroit Area! I Was There For 2-Days! And Saw the Police
Using X-Band Throughout the City! The Topside Mounted Soda Cans Are Hard To Miss On the RMP's!

How Do You Know If X-Band Is In Use! If You've Shut Off X-Band On Your Radar???!

There Was A Time! And Place To Where X-Band May! or, May Not Be In Use!
During A Pandemic Which This Entire Country Is In! Police Departments Are Hurting For Funds!
And What's the "BEST WAY" To Recoup dem Funds? Targeting Speeders "ALL DAY LONG"!...

Point Being Is! X-Band Is Back! And In Use! And! You Can't Take It For Granted!
That! It Won't Be In Use, When Your Out On the Highways & Byways During Your Travels!

Bloovy One

"Today didn't have to end in eels"
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
The only way for me to personally know if X-band is in use in my areas is to turn it on and watch for the alerts.

It's never a good idea to ignore the warnings of others. Verify for yourself anything and everything you can. :)

Deadhead1971

Rock, rock, roll, Plymouth Rock, rollover
Advanced User
Reaction score
Last edited:

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CannibalOx