Alexa car alarm, car camera, and a Ring Camera That Flies Around Your House

synistyr

I need more coffee
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I don’t know if these are crazy or brilliant..

On Thursday, Amazon announced three new Ring devices — a car alarm, a car camera, and a flying drone camera that automatically flies to parts of your house to monitor it (seriously).

The car alarm, which costs $59.99 and works with “99% of cars” according to Amazon, sits inside you auto to watch out for break-ins, tows, and more. If it detects something, it will send a notification to your phone.

The car cam, which costs $199.99, will also monitor for break-ins just like the alarm, but has high-definition cameras that can record whatever’s happening too. You can view that footage live on your phone. And if you’re pulled over, say “Alexa, I’m being pulled over” to automatically get it to start recording video.

GregTec5

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Dang I wish they had videos of it flying to watch it in action.

samq45

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
That camera looks pretty cool - but how long do you think that drone will last with Rottweilers in the house?

The Roomba lasted less then 2 weeks for a few reasons.

GregTec5

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
That camera looks pretty cool - but how long do you think that drone will last with Rottweilers in the house?

The Roomba lasted less then 2 weeks for a few reasons.
Oh wow. Yeah I wouldn't give it 2 weeks.

IamGenZod

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Amazon for a couple years has been trying to figure out a way to map the inside of your house, they had a robot that was supposed to help with small tasks around the house that had built in "mapping" software to avoid crashing into things or falling down the stairs. Several articles have been written on how they can see outside your home with ring doorbell, now they can suggest all kinds of new products for you based on the drone mapping your house.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danimajado