V1Connection with V1G2 (Auto start app on iOS)

Aucklandradar

NZCTG
Intermediate User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Does anyone know if it’s possible to auto start V1Connection or V1Driver (I haven’t bought the app so don’t know about this one) when the BT connection is available to my phone?

I hate having to manually launch it on my iPhone every time I enter my car.

I am posting here as there is no dedicated category for this in the apps section.
0C9B3E54-FCD0-4328-969A-9BE701A809AB.jpeg

Up All Night

Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
45E39305-5F9E-4638-A3B7-80D8F675A2F8.jpeg V1D has a great help function.

Auto-Run Bluetooth

Continuously try and connect to the V1 even when you are away from your car. It will not use accurate GPS Positioning during this time. It will consume very little battery. You must accept both iPhone prompts for GPS location, for this to work. If you have issues staying connected see the Tip on "Notify on Re-Connect" option

Posted from my iPhone using the RDF Mobile App!

Last edited:

Aucklandradar

NZCTG
Intermediate User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
View attachment 160135 V1C has a great help function.

Auto-Run Bluetooth

Continuously try and connect to the V1 even when you are away from your car. It will not use accurate GPS Positioning during this time. It will consume very little battery. You must accept both iPhone prompts for GPS location, for this to work. If you have issues staying connected see the Tip on "Notify on Re-Connect" option

Could you please post a screenshot as I cannot see this option on the iOS app..

Attachments

• 30CFC4B8-92D4-486C-A227-437D1883345A.png
    30CFC4B8-92D4-486C-A227-437D1883345A.png
    2 MB · Views: 15

The WiZard

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
You can use the Automation feature within the Shortcuts App on iOS devices. I have mine setup to open Spotify, V1Driver, and Waze when it detects bluetooth in one of my cars. Using bluetooth to trigger an automation does require you to confirm that you want to allow this action, so you do have to confirm the notification. AFAIK, there is currently no way around this confirmation step, so if you have your phone in your pocket, you will have to remove it to confirm. It is still easier than unlocking the phone and manually selecting any apps that you want to use upon entry to the vehicle.
I have not yet updated to the latest iOS, so I am unsure if the confirmation step with bluetooth has changed.

My other vehicles with CarPlay are completely automatic though. Using CarPlay to trigger Automation requires no confirmation, therefore my phone can remain in my pocket, and all apps in the sequence will start on their own.

I discovered this option from a user on this forum. Good luck.

IMG_4569.jpeg IMG_4570.jpeg IMG_4571.jpeg IMG_4572.jpeg

Up All Night

Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
1F00A615-F6FF-41ED-B5F9-698441133D7B.jpeg What do you want to see?

I need more coffee - Wrong app - sorry
Try V1 Driver

Last edited:

Aucklandradar

NZCTG
Intermediate User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
You can use the Automation feature within the Shortcuts App on iOS devices. I have mine setup to open Spotify, V1Driver, and Waze when it detects bluetooth in one of my cars. Using bluetooth to trigger an automation does require you to confirm that you want to allow this action, so you do have to confirm the notification. AFAIK, there is currently no way around this confirmation step, so if you have your phone in your pocket, you will have to remove it to confirm. It is still easier than unlocking the phone and manually selecting any apps that you want to use upon entry to the vehicle.
I have not yet updated to the latest iOS, so I am unsure if the confirmation step with bluetooth has changed.

My other vehicles with CarPlay are completely automatic though. Using CarPlay to trigger Automation requires no confirmation, therefore my phone can remain in my pocket, and all apps in the sequence will start on their own.

I discovered this option from a user on this forum. Good luck.

View attachment 160137 View attachment 160138 View attachment 160139 View attachment 160140
Perfect!

I had a shortcut but no automation set up previously. This is exactly what i wanted can’t wait to test it out.

thanks again!!!

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
i90don90