ferius

More arrows please
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm happy to announce that I've published v2.4.2 to the beta channel. I'm planning to keep this update in beta mode for a couple of days while observing stability and tuning the performance; later, I'll make it public. To become a beta tester, you need to enroll in Play Market on the app's page.

v2.4.2 is quite a minor update and mostly focuses on bugs and performance issues. There are only two significant changes with this version:
  • New Picture-in-picture module look – it is now closer to how map labels look.
  • Better SABRE status visualization. If there are any issues with the installed SABRE plugin, they will be displayed.

This is a beta release, so please expect some bugs or issues may happen. Please report them here or using the bug report feature (triple tap on the speed or "Submit bug report" using the voice control).

Have fun! And special thanks to those 138 people switched to the beta update channel!

Last edited:

ferius

More arrows please
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
Just discovered a bug with SABRE in the new version (thanks @NVR2FST for the detailed info). Until it is fixed, there is a remediation. If the SABRE isn't responding, exit the HwR, remove it from the recent apps list (swipe out or close, depending on your device), then launch HwR again. This should help.

NVR2FST

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Just discovered a bug with SABRE in the new version (thanks @NVR2FST for the detailed info). Until it is fixed, there is a remediation. If the SABRE isn't responding, exit the HwR, remove it from the recent apps list (swipe out or close, depending on your device), then launch HwR again. This should help.
Actually, I solved the problem by automating my phone to "force close" HwR whenever it is minimized. It then starts normally, but it takes a bit longer, when I start HwR again.

ferius

More arrows please
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score

Update: I just pushed a new build fixing that bug. Once again, thanks @NVR2FST for the detailed reproduction instructions.

pace357

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
i know this is a bit off topic, but should there be a sticky thread for requested features and/or feedback? i have a request for something small but didn't want to make a new thread for it and clog up the forum.

nano

PSL +5
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I was using your back up key @ferius to get some new settings idea. However when I change settings and switch profiles afterwards all my settings are lost.

Is this intended?

ferius

More arrows please
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
I was using your back up key @ferius to get some new settings idea. However when I change settings and switch profiles afterwards all my settings are lost.

Is this intended?

Did you back up your settings first? Whenever you load another settings, your settings get overwritten. If you have a backup of your settings, you can use it to restore your settings back.

nano

PSL +5
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Intermediate User
Reaction score
My idea was to use your settings and just change the metric system. However when I change between City and Highway profile it always switches back to the US system although I chose metric in the settings.

ferius

More arrows please
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
Oh, the profile stores all the information, every preference, including measurement system. Also, all three profiles are included into backups. If you want to update something in all profiles, you need to manually go through every 3 profiles one by one, activate them, set the preference to the desired value, and rewrite the profiles.

nano

PSL +5
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Intermediate User
Reaction score
...and rewrite the profiles.
Thanks for the hint. I thought that changes to the settings are saved automatically to the enabled profile.

Everything is fine now!

Baldy

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Hi @ferius !

Huge, massive, mega thanks for the super amazing fantastic awesome app. I can't imagine driving without it.

One quick question for you (or possible feature update if it doesn't exist or I somehow missed it), is there any way to make the voice alert volume (just the initial voice alert and not the beeping, as the beeping is ok) through Bluetooth while streaming music (say $potify, or NeurtonMP, etc. ) any louder so it's on par with say the navigation prompt voices of other apps? I do have the volume maxed out in the "sound" settings and TTS section, however the only time it's loud enough to hear/makeout what is being said is when I'm on a Bluetooth call (then it's on par with the callers' voices) ... otherwise it is really hard to hear as the voice is probably 25% of the volume of the streaming music. Not a huge deal in the car when I can see my phone, but on the motorbike it's definitely a challenge.

Also, just a heads up for the Canadian west coast drivers here that not every RC helicopter shows up (as in not at all...happened even today) and I've had one other show up but not alert (registration said "Government of Canada - Royal Canadian ....). I think it was cf-djb. On that note actually, is there a way when the phone is in landscape mode to make the aircraft notification list 1) smaller slightly and 2) is there a way to scroll through the aircraft list).

Thanks again good sir.

ferius

More arrows please
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
I can't imagine driving without it.
Me neither :)

One quick question for you (or possible feature update if it doesn't exist or I somehow missed it), is there any way to make the voice alert volume (just the initial voice alert and not the beeping, as the beeping is ok) through Bluetooth while streaming music (say $potify, or NeurtonMP, etc. ) any louder so it's on par with say the navigation prompt voices of other apps? I do have the volume maxed out in the "sound" settings and TTS section, however the only time it's loud enough to hear/makeout what is being said is when I'm on a Bluetooth call (then it's on par with the callers' voices) ... otherwise it is really hard to hear as the voice is probably 25% of the volume of the streaming music. Not a huge deal in the car when I can see my phone, but on the motorbike it's definitely a challenge.
I don't think I can easily boost up the volume as these voice notifications are rendered using a built-in TTS. So I'm not much in control of what is being output. One possible solution is to enable "Play sound as alarm" preference, then lower the media volume on your device, and increase the volume on your car's stereo.

Also, just a heads up for the Canadian west coast drivers here that not every RC helicopter shows up (as in not at all...happened even today) and I've had one other show up but not alert (registration said "Government of Canada - Royal Canadian ....). I think it was cf-djb. On that note actually, is there a way when the phone is in landscape mode to make the aircraft notification list 1) smaller slightly and 2) is there a way to scroll through the aircraft list).

The app shows an aircraft, but doesn't alert, when it is so far away that is totally safe for you. Once it starts approaching, you'll immediately be getting an alert. I checked the "CF-DJB" and looks like there are no reason for the app not to alert at all. The aircraft is marked as dangerous in the database.

If you encounter any case of a police aircraft not being shown at all, could you (or ask your passenger) do the following:
- Go to settings, and enable display of all aircraft (Aircraft alerts -> Choose which aircraft to show). Check if you see it now. If you don't see it at all, then, probably it is out of ADSB coverage.
- Check if it is displayed on FlightRadar24. You may use it to obtain a tail number.
- If it is displayed, write down the tail number, and send it to me later.
- If it is displayed, and the tail number is censored on FlightRadar24, write down your location, and time of the day, and send it to me then. I'll be able to check the logs.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AMG A45