Uniden R7 is awesome...but

shrikantsoni

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Hey guys

i am new here and new with radar detectors.
Recently i purchased Uniden R7, it works great but recently after the firmware upgrade i am constantly getting K band alert for frequency 24.160 to 24.168 i believe it is from my Jeep’s BSM.i have a 2020 Jeep Cherokee with Lane assist/Collision detection and other bells and whistles.

i am not getting this alert in my other car which is 2017 Honda Accord which does not have BSM.

i have set rear balance to 30% which helps somehow.

i am from Wisconsin and here i am constantly seeing the k band so i have not turned it off..

Sometime i get the alert even in my garage as soon as i start the car(jeep)

is there any way i can block this frequency

Attachments

• B2EAE130-35DC-4628-A7A3-4247A922E7F4.jpeg
    B2EAE130-35DC-4628-A7A3-4247A922E7F4.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 42

doubledge

PSL?
Intermediate User
Reaction score
You’ve turned on all the k band filters?

You can also dial k band sensitivity back via advanced mode and still get good range.

R4D4RUS3R

RADARUSER
Premium Plus
Advanced User
Reaction score
My MDX would set off my R7 every once in a while in the garage but never once I left. I started with the recommended settings on vortexradar.com and made adjustments to the rear balance as well as the K band advanced setting until I had what I wanted. I landed on 60% for K with a rear balance of 70%.

milkman

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum

jestric

Go Gators!
Premium Plus
Beginner User
Reaction score
If you haven't already, I highly recommend reviewing this...

Welcome aboard and congratulations on your R7! As @factoryguy posted, the setup guide from @Vortex is an outstanding place to start with your settings. You'll need to fine tune them for your area and remember to set the GMT for your location.

shrikantsoni

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I have set almost everything as per @Vortex
Post automatically merged:

You can also dial k band sensitivity back via advanced mode and still get good range.
I think i have turned it on but will make sure

My MDX would set off my R7 every once in a while in the garage but never once I left. I started with the recommended settings on vortexradar.com and made adjustments to the rear balance as well as the K band advanced setting until I had what I wanted. I landed on 60% for K with a rear balance of 70%.
I am frequently seeing k band alert by passing Accura RDX or MDX...30% rear balance helps me somehow, tired 70% but still getting the alert

I checked again...my k band filter is on.

Last edited:

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karamany