Hello im new here.

Gadgetlocator1

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
So I have had a few Radar detectors my last two was the 8500 x50 then went to the valentine one gen one {loved It} I programmed it with ya v1 and did custome sweeps in euro mode. My car was recently broke into and it was stolen so im back on the market. I am very interested In the v1 gen 2. The thia does perk my intrest though. Supposed to be released soon. So I have a few questions for the group. Should I wait to see what thia becomes before I order another v1 g2? Also is anyone running the alpha 15 with the new head? Is testing showing a positive? Is there an advantage over just running the 3 head? I realize the alp system is superior however I live in WA state, like Vortex and dont believe dragon eye is used here also no speed cams i know of. Also my brother in law is PD In the tri cities, so I could arrange some lidar/ radar testing in the future. Just looking to get back in the game... Thanks for having me guys!

Z06fan

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Welcome aboard! I like what I read from other members about the V1G2 but I think a lot of us are waiting to see what Theia offers before we make a choice.

2018GTI

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Welcome! The V1G2/TMG/JBV1 is a sweet set up for where you are. Many of us have multiple detectors!

FYI, testing with LEO's is kinda forbidden around here.

Gadgetlocator1

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Welcome! The V1G2/TMG/JBV1 is a sweet set up for where you are. Many of us have multiple detectors!

Ohh didn't know that about testing. He is my brother in law but I can see how the less they know the better. It just sounded super fun to get a laser jammer and show how I can make him useless... He talks about how his laser gun is un beatable and i kinda wanted to prove him wrong.. hahaha. Totally understand Why I probly shouldnt do that though.....Don't want to raise attention....
Post automatically merged:

Thanks!

Last edited:

RadarScout

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Theia sounds very promising. If you don't have a detector right now, buy a used Uniden R3 to hold you over.. It's a great detector with extreme range.

It's not kinda forbidden. It's in the forum rules that testing with Leo's will get you booted from the forum...even with family. Sorry.

Ohh didn't know that about testing. He is my brother in law but I can see how the less they know the better. It just sounded super fun to get a laser jammer and show how I can make him useless... He talks about how his laser gun is un beatable and i kinda wanted to prove him wrong.. hahaha. Totally understand Why I probly shouldnt do that though.....Don't want to raise attention....

Thanks!
Sorry, I think you and I posted at the same time. LOL. I'm glad you understand.

milkman

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum

R4D4RUS3R

RADARUSER
Premium Plus
Advanced User
Reaction score
Welcome! I have been running a V1G2 with JBV1 and its a really nice setup. You may not want to invest if you’re waiting for Theia but who knows when that will be out.

Gadgetlocator1

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Welcome! I have been running a V1G2 with JBV1 and its a really nice setup. You may not want to invest if you’re waiting for Theia but who knows when that will be out.
They say by the end of 2020. Fingers crossed.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Benlindsey007