Voice Change?

Randath

PSL +15
Intermediate User
Reaction score
OK with IOS 14 I'm getting a guy's voice from V1 Driver through Apple CarPlay. Is that you mswlogo? No offense but I prefer the "american female" voice I had. Siri is set to her but suddenly I get a dude telling me what radar is ahead. I hate change.

mswlogo

Software Developer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
OK with IOS 14 I'm getting a guy's voice from V1 Driver through Apple CarPlay. Is that you mswlogo? No offense but I prefer the "american female" voice I had. Siri is set to her but suddenly I get a dude telling me what radar is ahead. I hate change.

I prefer Siri too, most people prefer a women's voice.

I did nothing.

Try rebooting your phone. If you were on Beta and didn't explicitly remove it, you are still on it. I think Beta doesn't include all the voices. I think your phone is missing the "Samantha" voice pack.

If you Tap on the Text Voice to Speech Voice in V1Driver (with Tool Tips enabled) then click done it will list all the Voices you have. It Should show "Samantha" in the list. Take a screen shot and send me that with the tool tip up.

djg21

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
This happened to me when I first installed the iOS 14 Beta. I downloaded the Samantha (Enhanced) voice to my iPhone (go to “accessibility” in settings, then to “speech,” then to “voice.” Tap on “Samantha” and you will see the option for “Samantha” or ‘Samantha (Enhanced).” You will have to download the enhanced voice and it will take a couple of minutes). Once you have installed the “Samantha (Enhanced)” voice on your iPhone, you can change the setting in V1Driver by typing “Samantha (Enhanced)” into the “text to speech voice”field. The enhanced voice does sound better.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Randath

PSL +15
Intermediate User
Reaction score
She's baaaack, Thanks all.

Kimberdan

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I was just about to start a post... I followed your instructions and what I noticed is that I had to download the voices into my phone.
But I will check back after I get a chance to boot up and see if it fixed..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vancity23

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Ios 14 made other changes to Apple Car Play too;

Kimberdan

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
This happened to me when I first installed the iOS 14 Beta. I downloaded the Samantha (Enhanced) voice to my iPhone (go to “accessibility” in settings, then to “speech,” then to “voice.” Tap on “Samantha” and you will see the option for “Samantha” or ‘Samantha (Enhanced).” You will have to download the enhanced voice and it will take a couple of minutes). Once you have installed the “Samantha (Enhanced)” voice on your iPhone, you can change the setting in V1Driver by typing “Samantha (Enhanced)” into the “text to speech voice”field. The enhanced voice does sound better.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Thank you, fixed the issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Randath

PSL +15
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Hey @mswlogo I had to download the voice to my phone. I had tried to do the IOS14 update via iTunes and it failed 4 times. Finally got it to go via internet wireless. Just have hiccuped somewhere.

mswlogo

Software Developer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
Hey @mswlogo I had to download the voice to my phone. I had tried to do the IOS14 update via iTunes and it failed 4 times. Finally got it to go via internet wireless. Just have hiccuped somewhere.

Thanks for the update. Good to know.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ImpetuousRacer