Zoom feature

claytonkoufax

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
just started playing with this app... when u hit the plus sign on display to zoom in... it only stays for a few seconds is there a way to get it to stay at the zoom level you set it at?

ferius

More arrows please
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
just started playing with this app... when u hit the plus sign on display to zoom in... it only stays for a few seconds is there a way to get it to stay at the zoom level you set it at?

You can go to Settings -> Display and configure the zoom default zoom values there.

RadarNodar

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
You can go to Settings -> Display and configure the zoom default zoom values there.

Can't wait to see the speed dependent auto zoom feature that zooms in at a set limit of city surface street driving and zooms out for highway driving to a different set zoom level :)

claytonkoufax

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
are you talking about the radius circle miles that are set from 5 miles..2miles and half mile move them in closer on miles?

RadarNodar

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
are you talking about the radius circle miles that are set from 5 miles..2miles and half mile move them in closer on miles?

Nope, just basic zoom. Around where I live, there are speed cameras every few blocks so when the map is zoomed out, it is a complete mess. For city driving, I prefer a more zoomed in view and for highway driving I'd prefer a more zoomed out view. Would be great to have this happen automatically.

Honestly, I would prefer a "sticky zoom" option that does not automatically switch back to default zoom. Would be awesome if there was a way to zoom in when needed and the map to just stay at that zoom level, perhaps until the compass is LONG PRESSED? Long pressing the compass can reactivate the default zoom settings.

There are times when I would just prefer to have the map at a certain zoom level and for the app to just allow that...

ferius

More arrows please
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
Nope, I'm talking about the "Default zoom" preference.

NVR2FST

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
By going to: Settings > Display > Map Options

you could try these settings or some of your own choosing.

Making the "ahead" distance greater than the "behind" distance will place your vehicle's marker closer to the bottom of your screen, making your forward range greater.
Screenshot_20200924_023957_com.highwayradar.app.jpg

claytonkoufax

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score

Making the "ahead" distance greater than the "behind" distance will place your vehicle's marker closer to the bottom of your screen, making your forward range greater.
View attachment 160133
thank you that's what I was looking for!

RadarNodar

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score

View attachment 160133

This is really helpful. I was starting to think these settings were not being processed but it looks like the map zooms out to the greatest setting between side, front, and back and I guess that makes sense. I was changing just the forward limit and was wondering why the map zoom setting was not changing and I just realized it's because I also had to change the side setting.

@ferius , THANK YOU SO MUCH for implementing the color coded alert bubbles. It's now so easy to separate the speed cameras and police locations.

Were you able to implement the always north up setting for the map? I tried looking for a setting to lock the map to be always north up and I wanted to make sure I didn't miss something and I completely understand if you need more time or you have other things to work on :) Just making sure I'm not missing a setting.

I just get so disoriented when the map spins :p

NVR2FST

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
thank you that's what I was looking for!
You don't need to use the big "+" and "-" buttons to zoom in and out. You can "pinch" or "expand" the screen with two fingers or "swipe" it with one. Of course, it will return to your original zoom level and your current location in a few seconds, anyway.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hugolau1