Two phones, two V1 Gen2's

jfire72

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I looked all over the place and couldn't find this question, if it has been answered, please send me to the appropriate thread.

I have two V1 Gen 2's that are arriving sometime this week for use in two different vehicles. I have used the JBV1 app on standalone to get used to how it works. I've got to say I can't wait to pair it to the RD's!

Anyway, on any given day my wife will be driving vehicle A, and then may drive vehicle B the next day. With that said, if I have two separate Gen 2's, and run JBV1 on my phone as well as on her phone, how do I go about syncing settings, lockouts, etc between the two? Does she need my login for Google Drive to be stored on her phone? If so I can do that, but does that mean I have to do it manually or will it transfer automatically?

I know there is a Dongle-Specific Settings in the options for more than one RD. Will this work also with two different instances of JBV1, and will this work between the two RD's as a result? I guess what I'm trying to figure out is if she uses vehicle A and moves to vehicle B a few days later, will she have the same experience in vehicle B as she did in A if I had been driving vehicle A previously?

I just want the same settings, profiles, etc the same between both of us, and both RD's. I want her lockouts and vise versa, so our profiles should be identical to each other.

Sorry if I rambled on here, and with a ton of questions, just trying to convey everything the first time the best I can here. Also hope I made sense LOL!

Sent from my SM-F916U using Tapatalk

johnboy00

Geaux Tigers!
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
You'd have to manually backup one device to Google Drive and manually restore it to the other device with the same Google account, on a regular basis. That wouldn't be a good idea, though, because you'd lose the unique log and lockouts from one device every single time you did a restore on it.

jfire72

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Ok, that is something I also wondered about. So it sounds like I should just run both app instances as though the other phone didn't exist.

So if I switch from vehicle A to B, I assume the app is smart enough to remember my settings and be the same, and that would also go for my wife switching back and forth? The last thing I need is for her to complain about something not working right LOL!

johnboy00

Geaux Tigers!
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
Ok, that is something I also wondered about. So it sounds like I should just run both app instances as though the other phone didn't exist.

So if I switch from vehicle A to B, I assume the app is smart enough to remember my settings and be the same, and that would also go for my wife switching back and forth? The last thing I need is for her to complain about something not working right LOL!

App settings always stay with the phone running the app.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stylishmule