2.4.1 released

DriverDon

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Got it. Restore functionality works as expected. Thanks!

johnboy00

Geaux Tigers!
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score

Doctor

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I'm running JBV1 v2.4.2 on my Google Pixel 3XL, and a Samsung Galaxy Note 8. I love your software, but on both of these devices when in Landscape Mode the inverted red teardrop to mark a bogy isn't on the screen on either one of them. When in the vertical position, it all works as advertised. Any help?

johnboy00

Geaux Tigers!
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
I'm running JBV1 v2.4.2 on my Google Pixel 3XL, and a Samsung Galaxy Note 8. I love your software, but on both of these devices when in Landscape Mode the inverted red teardrop to mark a bogy isn't on the screen on either one of them. When in the vertical position, it all works as advertised. Any help?

If you have the option enabled to hide the map buttons after a short time, tap the map to bring them back. If this isn't the case, can you post a screenshot of landscape with map buttons and no mark button?

ICULookin

Road Terror- ICU watching
Beginner User
Reaction score

NVR2FST

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
For me (Huawei P10, Android 9.0) the red "teardrop" shaped "report" button is persistent in portrait mode but temporary in landscape mode. Naturally, in landscape mode tapping the screen will bring it back, temporarily.

I have the other buttons set to disappear after a short time.

Last edited:

johnboy00

Geaux Tigers!
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
For me (Huawei P10, Android 9.0) the red "teardrop" shaped "report" button is persistent in portrait mode but temporary in landscape mode. Naturally, in landscape mode tapping the screen will bring it back, temporarily.

I have the other buttons set to disappear after a short time.

Turn off the alert map option that auto hides the buttons. In 2.4.3, the Android standard GPS icon shaped button (mark button) is no longer in the group that gets hidden in landscape mode, and they will no longer hide manually when tapping the map (can still tap to reveal them when they were auto hidden).

Last edited:

Doctor

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
If you have the option enabled to hide the map buttons after a short time, tap the map to bring them back. If this isn't the case, can you post a screenshot of landscape with map buttons and no mark button?
Sorry, I'm an idiot and that works fine on Samsung, and assume it will on th Pixel too. You're the best JB! :)

surprisinguy

Government can only give what it takes...
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I've tapped etc in both landscape and portrait - no mark button. Is there an "enable" mark setting?
Samsung S8

R4D4RUS3R

RADARUSER
Premium Plus
Advanced User
Reaction score
I've tapped etc in both landscape and portrait - no mark button. Is there an "enable" mark setting?
Samsung S8
There is a disable mark button setting. I am not near my phone at the moment but I turned the mark button off. I assume its in the display menu. I would search for mark and it should be one of the first few options. Sorry I dont have the exact spot handy.

Bloovy One

138,000+ miles with JBV1!
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Samsung S8

Search in settings for "Mark Alerts Enabled". :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200926-090821.png
    Screenshot_20200926-090821.png
    168.5 KB · Views: 11

R4D4RUS3R

RADARUSER
Premium Plus
Advanced User
Reaction score
Search in settings for "Mark Alerts Enabled". :)
Just went and looked. On that same page at the bottom is the setting for “Mark Button”. Slide it on to see it on the map, off to hide. I have mine off. Mark alerts enabled is on for me but I have no button because I turned it off via the display option at the bottom of this menu screen.

surprisinguy

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
great!! thanks

Bloovy One

138,000+ miles with JBV1!
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Yep. I see it there.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200926-092052.png
    Screenshot_20200926-092052.png
    139.9 KB · Views: 9

surprisinguy

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I also found a few other things that I wasnt aware of... prob need to sit down and go through the app again

R4D4RUS3R

RADARUSER
Premium Plus
Advanced User
Reaction score
I also found a few other things that I wasnt aware of... prob need to sit down and go through the app again
Happy at the moment with my settings, I still spent about a half hour yesterday reading through all of mine to see if there have been changes I want to address. I had time to wait in the car since we were at the DMV in a virtual line (wait in the car until called). I also do it so I can remind myself what is there since its so much.

johnboy00

Geaux Tigers!
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
I neglected to realize that some users may not have Marks enabled, and so the button would be hidden. This will be fixed in 2.4.3.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j0hnStam0s