Detail Cart

Gothamnyc

Advanced User
Reaction score
Still tweaking this set up, the plan is to have a water line run to the garage and shelf mount the pressure washer at some point.. Until than I bolted a cox hose reel to a gladiator cart... Cart allows me to just wheel out of the garage the pressure washer with all the nozzles stored in the draws and quick disconnect my hoses and water deionizer...I may try and play around and upgrade the casters and try and mount the deionizer system to the cart itself....
IMG_8172.jpeg

WBDubya

Learning to Fly
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Beginner User
Reaction score
I like your set up. I sold my CR Spotless and use the Griots system now. I have a Kranzle portable which I love. Do you follow Matt @Obsessed Garage?

Gothamnyc

Advanced User
Reaction score
How are you liking the Kranzle?
Kranzle is great! A whole lot quieter than my gas powered unit, effective and the total stop feature is awesome...
I like your set up. I sold my CR Spotless and use the Griots system now. I have a Kranzle portable which I love. Do you follow Matt @Obsessed Garage?
I do! He just rubs me the wrong way I guess, when he suggests people should pay more for products etc simply because it is him selling them (his honor the source rants)... The one major factor is whenever someone has an issue with something he sells he tends to blame them or have 20 excuses that contradict the way he presents himself... You can read it about it all over but this a 1st hand example...
He raves about Mosmatic guns, wands and nozzles being the greatest swiss stainless 304 etc... I bought 2 $50 a piece nozzles from him, roughly double the MTM variant and a ton more than the basic $16 4 pack... One started showing signs of rust after the 3rd wash, the other looks brand new...
His response was it was my water, than it was my CR Spotless, than when asked why one rusted and not the other? They are outsourced by mosmatic and its the nature of the "game" get over it... (this took about 5 days via email)Yet if you listen to his countless rants about his supposed obsessive compulsive disorder and his ultra high standards he set he certainly wouldn't tolerate a 2 week old fitting starting to rust, regardless if it is the nature of the beast...
He does have some great content, but I way prefer Larry at Ammo NYC's video's and humble attitude... Over the years I have had a question or two about things unrelated to Ammo but detail related and Larry as huge as he is is like call me lets figure it out, when he couldn't I literally got a txt hours latter from Kevin Brown saying hey Larry thought I could help... You can't call Obsessed at all and they always have some reason why they are days behind on emails or haven't shipped things.... That isn't the case with autogeek or detail image amongst others...
I do like how he credited @Vortex name and web page for his R7 settings though... Guessing it was a member from here too that chimed in auto lockouts were on the way lol...
IMG_8099.jpeg

Last edited:

WBDubya

Learning to Fly
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Beginner User
Reaction score
Yeah, I totally get it. His videos are way too long for my liking but I’ve ordered stuff without issue before. I’ll have to check out Larry’s site.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gothamnyc

Advanced User
Reaction score
Yeah, I totally get it. His videos are way too long for my liking but I’ve ordered stuff without issue before. I’ll have to check out Larry’s site.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Check out his 2 You Tube Channels Ammo NYC and Ammo NYC Studio... Studio is only a few weeks old and highlights his new shop (INSANE!!!) but the regular channel goes back years, with a wealth of hands on detail information, how and why to use this and that etc...

aim4squirrels

Coming soon.....
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Love Ammo NYC, Larry's instructional videos are great. Spent a lot of time on Autogeek's forum as well. Done business with detailed image and they have been very responsive to questions and problems I've had in the past. I have a problem with something I bought from Esoteric just this May and we'll see how they respond.

As for obsessed, I used them to source specialty connecters for my Mosmatic gun, wand, and fittings as Matt was just WAY, WAY over-priced on the bulk of the parts. like $130 overpriced, plus his shipping charges. I don't think he realizes (or won't admit to his fan base) that there's only so many actual fabricators of these pieces and parts, and the rest are just rebranders. My quick connects and orifice nozzles from General Pump look remarkably like the MTM ones at 75% of the price...

I considered that adjustable Mosmatic wand end as it wouldn't protrude passed the rubber collar, thanks for saving me a buck on that one!

Gothamnyc

Advanced User
Reaction score
I was tempted to upgrade from the MTM gun to the Mosmatic, I can find what I think is identical to his "OG Spec" for $79, internal swivel etc.. @aim4squirrels did you use an MTM before? If so, is the swivel that much better?
Matt's shipping price suck, his random sale prices at 10% off are not that great considering Detail Image and AutoGeek go 20-25% off with free shipping etc... and whenever he has a sale it takes days to ship...
He will go on and on about buying fittings from him at a huge mark up, but than will talk about how they are consumable and some go in weeks others last years...He rants about how you need 1,000 PSI on a pressure washer but the Gallons per minute is ultra important, and thats what matters most... Than someone asked about using a nozzle that would increase the GPM on the kranzle I own (1622ts) and he was literally like ah yeah but you would be at 800-900psi...but you would hit his magical 2 gallons per minute! If your not cleaning at 800-900 psi, I can't imagine the 1,000psi making that big of difference...

aim4squirrels

Coming soon.....
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
I can't comment on the MTM gun, as I got really lucky having a Kleenrite distributer local, so that saved me all the shipping costs that would have driven up the price. I figured if I was already saving about $130 over his OG spec gun setup, I could spring for the Mosmatic gun. Kleenrite isn't the type of place you could walk right up to and try everything out, It's a commercial sales for self service car wash bay owners and other PW cleaning companies. They move a lot of freight so I'll wager that's why the prices are so low, but there isn't a showroom or anything, it's literally driving up to a loading bay and handing a random dude your manifest and he comes back after picking and pulling the order from the big ass warehouse.

If your MTM gun is working great, I'd say don't give it a second thought and save the scratch for some beers. Mosmatic has separate swivels if you want to remove what you have and put one on. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it isn't the exact same gun with blue instead of purple on the housing. probably made at the exact same plant in Taiwan or some other such country over there.

That 1622TS is exactly what I'm looking at as well to keep from having to upgrade to dedicated 20AMP circuits in the garage. I think you're right about the nozzles, a 4.5 or 5 orifice would likely net you the greater flow, and you could always just use the 25 degree vs the 40 for rinsing or prewash if you felt like you needed more umph.

If the flow of the 1622TS is really around 1.5 though at his "optimum pressure", that's really close to a Sun Joe, and I'd wager you could get away with a 1.1 orifice in a MTM foam cannon. but I'd be afraid to hurt such a fine pressure washer experimenting with it.

Last edited:

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StuPidaso