Introducing "V1 Companion" ios app - *NEW* version 2.06 is available.

Kimberdan

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score

Unfortunately the only way to change the software version is if I have a signed one.
The only one that is signed is the 14.1... no other version is signed [emoji34]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BagNDrag

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Ok. Sorry about that. Has Mark gotten other reports from others ?
No other reports, @Kimberdan has been great to work with and we have tried a ton of attempted fixes, hacks etc. to get it going for him. As he mentioned, he stripped his phone completely down, pulled his V1 in the house so there would be NO other bluetooth competition and it still wouldn't work. At that point it was either his phone or V1, so he tried another iOS device and it worked right away. I'm building him "special" versions of the latest V1 companion code with the OLD bluetooth code just to keep him running.

Kimberdan

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
No other reports, @Kimberdan has been great to work with and we have tried a ton of attempted fixes, hacks etc. to get it going for him. As he mentioned, he stripped his phone completely down, pulled his V1 in the house so there would be NO other bluetooth competition and it still wouldn't work. At that point it was either his phone or V1, so he tried another iOS device and it worked right away. I'm building him "special" versions of the latest V1 companion code with the OLD bluetooth code just to keep him running.

This whole thing is bazaro LOL... I’ve been using 19 and not having any issues and to be totally honest I’m content with that version..
As far as the second redemption code, the second device had to work late[emoji6] so we have not gotten to it yet..

chapRD

Premium Plus
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Weird about the bluetooth issue. I have an XS. If i end up downloading this app to give it a shot I'll report back on my success connecting.

BagNDrag

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
This whole thing is bazaro LOL... I’ve been using 19 and not having any issues and to be totally honest I’m content with that version..
As far as the second redemption code, the second device had to work late[emoji6] so we have not gotten to it yet..

After V1.08 is released today, I will build you another "special" version with the old bluetooth code, so you can have all the features.

Kimberdan

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
After V1.08 is released today, I will build you another "special" version with the old bluetooth code, so you can have all the features.

Much appreciated, I still wish we know what it was with my BT..
I wish there was a way to delete the BT software and reinstall it...
Either way I have one version that works and I’m happy for that

BagNDrag

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
New version is out - 1.08 adds trip distance (mi/km) and voltage readout to the main display. It also adds a 'Trip Summary' that appears at the end of your trip to give stats about the duration, distance, alerts, filtering, battery condition and how many V1 hardware cache resets you experienced.

***Version 1.08 - Features / Improvements***
• 'Distance display' showing the distance travelled in either miles or kilometers.
• 'Voltage display' showing your car's voltage as reported by the V1.
• Trip summary at the end of your ride. Trip Summary Includes:
• Duration of Trip
• Distance of Trip
• Number of V1 Alerts broken out for 33.8 Ka, 34.7 Ka, 35.5 Ka, K, X, Ku and Laser.
• Passive Mute™ Stats showing the number of alerts muted by 'weak muting' and 'low speed' muting.
• Battery Condition during your trip - 'Good' or 'Bad - Needs to be checked.'
• Number of times the V1 did a hardware reset to 'clear the cache.'
• Further enhanced the voice announcements to be more detailed in the reporting of multiple threats, strengths of threats etc.
• Removed support for iOS 10 & 11.

163253.jpg

Kimberdan

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
New version is out - 1.08 adds trip distance (mi/km) and voltage readout to the main display. It also adds a 'Trip Summary' that appears at the end of your trip to give stats about the duration, distance, alerts, filtering, battery condition and how many V1 hardware cache resets you experienced.

***Version 1.08 - Features / Improvements***
• 'Distance display' showing the distance travelled in either miles or kilometers.
• 'Voltage display' showing your car's voltage as reported by the V1.
• Trip summary at the end of your ride. Trip Summary Includes:
• Duration of Trip
• Distance of Trip
• Number of V1 Alerts broken out for 33.8 Ka, 34.7 Ka, 35.5 Ka, K, X, Ku and Laser.
• Passive Mute[emoji769] Stats showing the number of alerts muted by 'weak muting' and 'low speed' muting.
• Battery Condition during your trip - 'Good' or 'Bad - Needs to be checked.'
• Number of times the V1 did a hardware reset to 'clear the cache.'
• Further enhanced the voice announcements to be more detailed in the reporting of multiple threats, strengths of threats etc.
• Removed support for iOS 10 & 11.

View attachment 163254

New software work perfect [emoji1303][emoji1303] Thank you

Brilliant

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Just wondering, in not allowed states, when you disconnect your V1 in a hurry, will the screen go dark to hide what your running to prevent someone from seeing what was on your phone on your dash?

BagNDrag

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Just wondering, in not allowed states, when you disconnect your V1 in a hurry, will the screen go dark to hide what your running to prevent someone from seeing what was on your phone on your dash?
Yes, if you disconnect (turn off) the v1, then the app will no longer force the screen to be on and it will turn off after the time you have set in your phone settings.

-Mark

Bloovy One

"Today didn't have to end in eels"
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
@Brilliant, I have a few thoughts on this that might differ from what you might be saying. I'm not in an area where detectors are illegal but I do drive in VA occasionally.

I have my V1 mounted high and tight up at the headliner above the rear-view mirror and it's camouflaged behind a tint strip and frits. Also it's hardwired.

I never take down my detector. I have both an app that can darken the main display and a custom Concealed Display that also darkens the main display on start-up. I have a hidden kill-switch for my V1. (I used to use it in concert with my V1 Gen1 in concerning areas of VA, but with the Gen2 we don't need to worry about that any longer.)

I had an interesting encounter with Guilford County, NC a few years ago where the unmarked officer stopped me in a rental car (No V1 that day) and even though my phone screen was off, I left Waze running. The officer was pleasant with me until he saw the phone and then went to his car. He came back really angry and literally threw the ticket in my window and walked away. 92 in a 65 zone.

I look at my phone, and there's a Waze message to me from a long, random username saying something to the effect of, "I caught you".

Here's what I now do at any sort of roadside stop. (My phone is mounted below my car's entertainment screen so it's not visible until you are close to the car.)

As I'm stopping, I grab the phone and turn it off and then hide it from view. I don't even unplug it, but it's in the armrest or somewhere similar. If I were to be asked about it, I could easily pull it out and say that I'm charging it. It needs a pin code upon boot.

If it's in view, it's automatically a viable part of any potential investigation. Also, With it off, no-one is going to notice my Waze user icon on their map or anything else like that. It's a quick grab off of the magnet mount / press of the power button and hide all in one motion kind of thing.

My situation may not match yours at all, but I'd suggest that you consider turning off and putting the phone out of view as well. :)

Brilliant

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Any issues with heat with a V1 G2 if you put it above the visor if it well pointed? Just wondering I did have an issue with R3

Bloovy One

"Today didn't have to end in eels"
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Any issues with heat with a V1 G2 if you put it above the visor if it well pointed? Just wondering I did have an issue with R3
I've never had a heat issue with any V1 in 20 years. There have been a few reports of some of the earlier units "detuning" but that was before the "crystal controlled" models.

BagNDrag

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I wish everyone a safe and delicious day. As a Thanksgiving gift, here is a new version of V1 Companion. It adds some nice features for those with concealed displays. Enjoy!

Version 2.02 adds the following:
*** NEW FEATURES ***
"Dark Mode" support for use with V1 concealed display and/or iPhone as main display.
"Dark Mode" override option for alerts. When enabled, alerts will show on the V1 display.
"J-Out" voice announcement and notification for 'Junk' Ka alerts.

Minor improvements and bug fixes.

Screenshot of new settings:
Image.jpeg

Last edited:

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frjohn