Introducing "V1 Companion" ios app - *NEW* version 2.06 is available.

Kimberdan

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Maybe it installed automatically? What is the version # showing at the bottom of the app when you run it? Is it 1.05 or 1.04?

-Mark

I was able to do the update... excited to give it a shot tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kimberdan

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Ok went for a drive and it lowered the radio volume to alert and then raised it back to where it was..
Problem on my end solved [emoji1303][emoji1303]

eski15

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Hello, just downloaded the app and find it interesting
My biggest issue is that the main display is not large enough. I too am looking for a app that is easy to read/ simple while driving and think your app has a shot of doing it.
Right now I find all of the apps are tooo small to look at a glance while your driving. I would suggest you move the bottom part of the screen to another page and enlarge the main display so it’s really easy to glance at and use.
Thanks

BagNDrag

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Hello, just downloaded the app and find it interesting
My biggest issue is that the main display is not large enough. I too am looking for a app that is easy to read/ simple while driving and think your app has a shot of doing it.
Right now I find all of the apps are tooo small to look at a glance while your driving. I would suggest you move the bottom part of the screen to another page and enlarge the main display so it’s really easy to glance at and use.
Thanks
Thanks for the feedback @eski15 ! I appreciate it and will look into incorporating your feedback into a future design.

-Mark

BagNDrag

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
***NEW Version 1.06 - Improvements / Bug Fixes***
• Expanded the voice announcements and notification systems to alert the driver of multiple signal detections in varying situations.
• Improved the muting system's ability to better handle incoming alerts that occur during an existing alert which has already been muted.
• Improved the "Passive Mute™" weak K & X signal processing.
• Minor bug fixes and optimizations of core systems.

Kimberdan

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Just something else to note... when I get alerts on my watch the display is to busy.
The first thing that draws my attention is the logo, and that takes up a good 25% of the display.
It would be great if the freq sent to the display was as big as you can fit..
It just make is easier for when I want to take a quick look and not reach over and turn my phone display on..
Downloaded the update gonna go chance the ups man down for my CD from V1.
Touch base with you later on the update[emoji1303]

Kimberdan

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Went out for a little today.. everything is working.
Something I did notice was if I had a strong signal come in at like 4, the audible freq alert is super fast like that of a crack head...
Idk if this was always like this and I’m just noticing now but it was cool.
So a weak signal will give me a slow verbal alert and a strong first alert will give me a fast freq alert..
I’m really liking this app...

Last edited:

thesilverbullet

Clemson Tigers
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
awesome - what is the probability of adding PSL muting? can you pull PSL from another app like waze?

mhowie

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Will this App detect those non-LEO radar signals- which escape the V1G2‘s filtering- store them, and in the future when those same ”falses” are encountered either mute or prevent them from being displayed?

Kimberdan

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
This is exactly what the title says it is.. a companion app...
It does not have lock outs.
As far as false KA alerts with the G2, you can just add some custom sweeps to help filter out the false..
K band false alerts are and always have been a pain because the freq range is so broad..

Last edited:

BagNDrag

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Will this App detect those non-LEO radar signals- which escape the V1G2‘s filtering- store them, and in the future when those same ”falses” are encountered either mute or prevent them from being displayed?
Hi mhowie,

As Kimberdan pointed out, V1 Companion currently doesn't have lockouts. I think you will find the Passive Mute system will quiet down the majority of the false alerts that escape the V1's filtering. For me, in my particular area, 95% of my stationary false alerts are covered by V1 Companion's Passive Muting system.

-Mark

BagNDrag

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

There is a new update available today with the following:

***NEW Version 1.07 - Features / Improvements***
• Screen optimizations for the iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Pro, & iPhone 12 Pro Max.
• Improvements to Bluetooth connectivity.

Kimberdan

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

There is a new update available today with the following:

***NEW Version 1.07 - Features / Improvements***
• Screen optimizations for the iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Pro, & iPhone 12 Pro Max.
• Improvements to Bluetooth connectivity.

Downloaded the new version and it will not connect to my Bluetooth.
I checked to make sure that the radar Bluetooth is connecting and it does connect to other apps but will will not connect to the companion app

BagNDrag

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Downloaded the new version and it will not connect to my Bluetooth.
I checked to make sure that the radar Bluetooth is connecting and it does connect to other apps but will will not connect to the companion app

@Kimberdan, Well, that doesn’t sound like an improvement at all! Have you tried uninstalling the companion app and reinstalling? Make sure all your other V1 apps have been closed out? Any help you can give me as to what may be unique to your circumstance would be greatly appreciated.
-Mark

Last edited:

Kimberdan

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Well, that doesn’t sound like an improvement at all! Have you tried uninstalling the companion app and reinstalling? Make sure all your other V1 apps have been closed out? Any help you can give me as to what may be unique to your circumstance would be greatly appreciated.
-Mark

Lol deff not an improvement [emoji23][emoji23]
Nothing has changed with anything on my end, just did the update and went out and it would not connect.
I did a complete reboot on my Xander max today and I now have the older version from when I back it up..
What I will do is allow the update so I will be caught up and tomorrow check it and touch back with you..

Deadhead1971

Rock, rock, roll, Plymouth Rock, rollover
Advanced User
Reaction score
I will try it again this morning. I tried it once since the latest update, and the Bluetooth light was on the detector but no voice announcement that it first connected like it use to. Will try again and report back.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmmch65