Waze on Android Auto issues

Disco47

Roll Tide
Beginner User
Reaction score
I just started using Waze when I do road trips. I don't use it locally because I'm in the middle of nowhere and there isn't another Wazer for 30 miles.

On my phone the app works perfectly. But on my infotainment screen I have a problem with the "Reports" submenus. The background is white and the text is white. Besides a faint outline, I can't read the menues.

Example: I click on report Police.
3 options pop up:
1. Visible
2. Hidden
3. Opposite side
I can see icons for all 3 but the text and background are both white. So it looks like white bars.

I've tinkered with the app's day/night/auto settings. But my vehicle tries to override those settings if the headlamps are on or not. At times it fixes itself if I disconnect my phone from the USB cable. Anyone come across this issue? I am on Android 10 with a newer Samsung phone.

Thanks!

RedThread

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
have you updated the "infotainment" software.
I run (forced to run) SYNC3 - Ford.
I've had various problems that I corrected by updating either AA or Waze (but it wasn't title rendering like yours). Eventually SYNC3/AA failed to support my phone model and all connectivity was lost. pissed, I was.
I updated SYNC3, reloaded AA, but did not regain waze? G map worked - iron hard bitch. Having mem slot issues with the phone I upgraded to a 2019 model... all conn/app problems healed.
I lost synchronized dimming of the display with the Driver gauge dimmer, but it boots everything, every time. I also run Waze Night mode all the time. Sorry that this doesn't address your problem, but AA boards and SYNC3 boards are fn useless and solution avoidant.. so thanks for letting me vent.

Disco47

Roll Tide
Beginner User
Reaction score
have you updated the "infotainment" software.
I run (forced to run) SYNC3 - Ford.
I've had various problems that I corrected by updating either AA or Waze (but it wasn't title rendering like yours). Eventually SYNC3/AA failed to support my phone model and all connectivity was lost. pissed, I was.
I updated SYNC3, reloaded AA, but did not regain waze? G map worked - iron hard bitch. Having mem slot issues with the phone I upgraded to a 2019 model... all conn/app problems healed.
I lost synchronized dimming of the display with the Driver gauge dimmer, but it boots everything, every time. I also run Waze Night mode all the time. Sorry that this doesn't address your problem, but AA boards and SYNC3 boards are fn useless and solution avoidant.. so thanks for letting me vent.
How did you know I have SYNC3? Lol

It's up to date on my 2019 F150. And Waze does seem to run better in night mode for me as well.

This wouldn't be the first quirk with SYNC3 on my Ford.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnnyWishbone