Toronto Settings for Pro M?

lpz

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Hi everyone, for those who are driving in Ontario, do you have a working setting for the Pro M that's effective for what we've got here?

Min Diesel

Manufacturer
Beginner User
Manufacturer
Reaction score
Hey Ipz, We ship our detectors to Canada with the following settings below. That being said, I'm not positive about MRCD/T being used in the GTA. I haven't lived there in a few years and when I did there was none. If my memory serves me correctly, I believe Quebec has MRCD but not ON.

If you can do some more leg work on if they're using MRCD/T or not, it would benefit you. If they're not, I'd turn the last 3 on this list to 'off'.

Auto City Speed Limit: 40/100 (press middle button to jump between the two)
Units: Metric
MRCT: Narrow
MRCD: Narrow
MR Filter: High

Link to some info on TO:

Hope this helps.

Brilliant

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
MRCD is being used think low level school zone speed cameras.

jerry540i

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Metro Toronto use 33.8 Ka.
OPP K band.
Nothing special about school zone cameras. K band that is easily detected.

lpz

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Hey Ipz, We ship our detectors to Canada with the following settings below. That being said, I'm not positive about MRCD/T being used in the GTA. I haven't lived there in a few years and when I did there was none. If my memory serves me correctly, I believe Quebec has MRCD but not ON.

If you can do some more leg work on if they're using MRCD/T or not, it would benefit you. If they're not, I'd turn the last 3 on this list to 'off'.

Auto City Speed Limit: 40/100 (press middle button to jump between the two)
Units: Metric
MRCT: Narrow
MRCD: Narrow
MR Filter: High

Link to some info on TO:

Hope this helps.

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your input. I do find that with MRCT/MRCD on, it gets VERY VERY noisy. Lots of falses.

Are you able to provide me with the full list of settings for K/KA (as I know X isn't widely used in Ontario)?

I'm getting lots of false's and I'm currently running the following settings which has provided me less falses but I've also driven past a couple of speed signs that didn't give me an alert:

AutoCity
40/80
X0 K4 Ka0
Speed for Radar Alert 20km
X Off
K Narrow
K TSR High
Ka Wide
Ka Filter ON
Ka POP Off
Laser ON
MRCT/MRCD/Gatso OFF

Thanks!

I want a good mix of detection and silence. It's starting to turn into the boy who cried wolf - lol!

Min Diesel

Manufacturer
Beginner User
Manufacturer
Reaction score
Hi,

Thanks a lot for your input. I do find that with MRCT/MRCD on, it gets VERY VERY noisy. Lots of falses.

Are you able to provide me with the full list of settings for K/KA (as I know X isn't widely used in Ontario)?

I'm getting lots of false's and I'm currently running the following settings which has provided me less falses but I've also driven past a couple of speed signs that didn't give me an alert:

AutoCity
40/80
X0 K4 Ka0
Speed for Radar Alert 20km
X Off
K Narrow
K TSR High
Ka Wide
Ka Filter ON
Ka POP Off
Laser ON
MRCT/MRCD/Gatso OFF

Thanks!

I want a good mix of detection and silence. It's starting to turn into the boy who cried wolf - lol!

These are the default settings for Canada (honestly referring to the Western Provinces where detectors are legal. That being said, your interest in finding the best settings for Toronto will help other users as well.

I don't believe MRCD/T is used in Toronto. Are you getting a lot of X falses or K falses with the settings you listed above? Mazda CX-5's and Cadillac Escalade's are the most known offenders to ALL detectors on the market today, but are the most common K falses we see with the Pro M.

Screen Shot 2020-09-24 at 11.18.10 AM.png

Vancity23

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I dont know for sure, but I thought MRCD had made its way to Toronto...

Jon at Radenso

Manufacturer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Manufacturer
Reaction score
I know the speed cameras in Toronto are run by Redflex...I'm not sure if you have MRCD in Toronto, but you may be able to disable it if you don't. @Heywood I know you don't live there, but do you happen to be aware what cameras and mobile platforms are run in Toronto?

Heywood

Learning Something New, Still Dying Stupid
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
I honestly couldn’t tell you. As far as I know, it looks to me like Stationary Redflex.
I haven’t seen any mobile units.
@angrypenguin might be better to tell.

There might be some MRCT RLC’s, but I haven’t seen much, or reports of it. Just Reflex

Min Diesel

Manufacturer
Beginner User
Manufacturer
Reaction score
I dont know for sure, but I thought MRCD had made its way to Toronto...

Tons of information about cams but NOT a lot of info on what they are. As @Jon at Radenso said there are a lot of Redflex. Shit, a lot of cameras in general. A lot of old and outdated info I've been sifting through but here's what was most noteworthy from the last 2 hours of interwebz searching:

https://www.toronto.ca/services-pay...ed-speed-enforcement-certificate-of-accuracy/ Your list of traffic cams by location and their Certificates of Calibration. These appear to be AGD cams, at 24GHz

https://www.toronto.ca/services-pay...fety/vision-zero/safety-measures-and-mapping/ Map of Cams/ Turn off 'collisions' and toggle on 'ASE cameras' under safety measures sub category.

Will most likely require some leg work from you as this Vision Zero plan and 2.0 have been rolling out big time here in 2020. (I moved away in 2017)

Vancity23

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Well we have alot of members in Toronto that will know. I’m on the Westcoast in Vancouver...

BMW4FUN

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
From what I've seen in Toronto, I've only witnessed fixed stationary boxes from Redflex, using low powered K band. That being said, photo radar in school and safety zones, has been approved for all of Ontario. Though Toronto is using Redflex, other municipalities in Ontario my use whatever company they wish to supply them with the photo radar equipment. So if you're traveling outside of Toronto, there could very well be other bands out there (MRCD/T), just sayin...

passat5v

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
so for Redflex (if that's what is being used in Toronto), would K band on be sufficient or should MRCD/T be on?

Heywood

Learning Something New, Still Dying Stupid
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
so for Redflex (if that's what is being used in Toronto), would K band on be sufficient or should MRCD/T be on?
K band.

It’s extremely hard to pick up depending how they set it up..... especially if it’s facing away from you and clocking you as you drive by after the fact.

To even get a sniff, and maybe even little notice at that, it to have your K band filters off. No TSF, in Highway mode.

It’s very low powered. Very directional. Very deadly.

Min Diesel

Manufacturer
Beginner User
Manufacturer
Reaction score
So mrcd should be on I take it?
I would, yes.

I also would take the time and go on a little adventure on a weekend to check out some of the cam locations that you come across in your travels and see if they alert when you play with settings. If fellow Torontonians can provide us more information, the better equipped we are to support our Northern Friends.

We clearly aren't crossing any borders in 2020.... and I can't blame Trudeau.

passat5v

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I would, yes.

I also would take the time and go on a little adventure on a weekend to check out some of the cam locations that you come across in your travels and see if they alert when you play with settings. If fellow Torontonians can provide us more information, the better equipped we are to support our Northern Friends.

We clearly aren't crossing any borders in 2020.... and I can't blame Trudeau.
Good point, I will go and test them over the next few days and report back

angrypenguin

SysOp
SysOp
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
I don't run any MRCD/MRCT detection on my RCM. It's better at picking off shitty Lexus's (Lexi?) than any useful threat as I do not think they are around our neck of the woods.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ImpetuousRacer