Getting Back to it

bentandbroken

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I'm new to the forum...obviously. I found this wonderful time sink...i mean forum looking for why my V1G1 was getting so many K false alerts. Looking forward to neglecting my adult obligations to peruse and learn.

Z06fan

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Premium Member
Reaction score
LOL, I think we all find that we spend too much time here. Welcome aboard!

Transporter

ModWight Transporter
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
In front of you but behind a Rabbit - Hot'Lanta,GA
Welcome to the RDF!

The K band false alerts are caused mostly by other RF sources in the Police Radar Frequency Band.

Fixed sources, CVS automatic door openers for example, speed limit signs, construction zone warning signs, etc

Moving source called Blind Spot Monitors (BSM), such as all those Mazdas out there.

Solutions: Buy the Valentine V1connect LE and run the JBV1 App to reduce BSM alerts and "Mark" with GPS and Frequency all the fixed false alerts. JBV1 will mark these either manually with your help or automatically the third time to pass the.

Other option is upgrade to a V1G2 that deals with these better. I say still run the App since Blue Tooth is already built into the G2 so one does not need the V1connect LE.

bentandbroken

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I k
Solutions: Buy the Valentine V1connect LE and run the JBV1 App to reduce BSM alerts and "Mark" with GPS and Frequency all the fixed false alerts. JBV1 will mark these either manually with your help or automatically the third time to pass the.

Other option is upgrade to a V1G2 that deals with these better. I say still run the App since Blue Tooth is already built into the G2 so one does not need the V1connect LE.

I've owned a v1g1 for close to 10 years but put it away for the last 2yrs. Was shocked by all the bsm falses. Im looking to get a gen 2 soon. Was unaware of the V1connect LEl. I'll have to do some homework.

Last edited:

Transporter

ModWight Transporter
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
In front of you but behind a Rabbit - Hot'Lanta,GA
I k

I've owned a v1g1 for close to 10 years but put it away for the last 2yrs. Was shocked by all the bsm falses. Im looking to get a gen 2 soon. Was unaware of the V1connect LEl. I'll have to do some homework.

The V1connect LE will allow you to use an iPhone or Android device with one of the available Apps. This additional function is very useful. The regular V1 App will show you Frequency and make it easy to program the V1G1 for things like settings and Segments. Other Apps like JBV1 with an Android (no iPhone version), adds a whole new dimension to the information available to the Driver. Check out the JBV1 section on the forum.

2018GTI

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Welcome, not only will this place take your time it may take your money too!

milkman

Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member