Hello everyone!

paul325740

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Hi!,
I'm new to this forum. Just pick-up a new X7. I has been using V1 a very long time and recently upgrade to V1 gen 2. But the laser is going off like crazy with my new X7. now I am sad that I have to turn laser off.

Transporter

ModWight Transporter
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
In front of you but behind a Rabbit - Hot'Lanta,GA
Welcome to the RDF!

What is an X7? Do you mean a Uniden R7? By the way, laser detectors in Radar Detectors are useless. All they do is false alert and when it isn't a false, it tells you you are getting a ticket.

Tons of information on the Forum so enjoy the reading. Ask all the questions you need. Remember a Radar Detector will not protect you from Police Lidar (laser). Are you using Waze?

2018GTI

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Welcome, the V1G2 is a great choice! You might want to consider posting in the Valentine section for help with the laser alerts.

creep

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Welcome to the RDF!

What is an X7? Do you mean a Uniden R7? By the way, laser detectors in Radar Detectors are useless. All they do is false alert and when it isn't a false, it tells you you are getting a ticket.

Tons of information on the Forum so enjoy the reading. Ask all the questions you need. Remember a Radar Detector will not protect you from Police Lidar (laser). Are you using Waze?

BMW X7. Gesture control sensor setting off laser detection.

Z06fan

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum!

wayne77

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome to RDF! I'm not super familiar with the G2 but surely you can turn laser detection off? That is what I'd recommend. You are highly unlikely to get a laser save with a radar detector.

milkman

Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum

Transporter

ModWight Transporter
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
In front of you but behind a Rabbit - Hot'Lanta,GA
BMW X7. Gesture control sensor setting off laser detection.

I see, I didn't know this was the BMW Forum Introduction Page! :bmwman:

I read it as he was replacing the V1G2 with the X7. Only vehicle that I remember with an X7 in it was the Mazda RX7. Don't follow BMW any longer because they make it to hard to install LJs with all their own Laser crap and auto damper/shutter this and that!

But I am on the right page now.

@paul325740 I believe your only solution is to turn off Lidar Detection and keep it off on the V1G2 and invest in a good set of LJs either TMG or ALP depending on where you live.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnnyWishbone