Placement suggestions 2020 GT500

Dmaster

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
So I purchased a 6 head system 4 standard heads and 2 tx heads. I’m going to start on the front first. Where would y’all recommend i mount the sensors for the front?

Attachments

V1Jake

Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
There are a few threads with Mustang installs on the forum. I think this is where the guys put them

Attachments

Last edited:

Kennyc56

Ford Lover-I/O hater!
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
I have TMG quads on my 2013 Boss 302. They work great but you have to spend the time to get the angles right, especially on the rear heads. You also need to test the hell out of those ALP's! Congrats on a beautiful car and killer countermeasures!

OBeerWANKenobi

This is not the car you're looking for......
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
I think both of those placement suggestions above seem pretty good to me. In your case though, with the Tx sensor, you need to keep that at 20" or above, so that precludes the lower placement where FoxStang has his 3rd Rx head. As Kenny says, wherever you eventually place them, get your install tested. Even though the ALP's are more sensitive and easier to place for coverage, you need to be tested to assure that the performance is there when you need it.

SilenceDogoodNinja

driven by data
Intermediate User
Reaction score
One word of caution which required me to move my RX sensors a little was having them too far in towards the grill. They were a little too recessed and I had to pull them out a bit in order to get proper coverage on the headlights when we were testing with @System and @Gatortotz

OBeerWANKenobi

This is not the car you're looking for......
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
One word of caution which required me to move my RX sensors a little was having them too far in towards the grill. They were a little too recessed and I had to pull them out a bit in order to get proper coverage on the headlights when we were testing with @System and @Gatortotz
Yes, a placement peculiarity virtually exclusive to Mustangs is having to weigh sensor performance vs protecting them from possible damage they may incur when plowing through large crowds of car show spectators. Too far in and you will get PT from LIDAR guns. Too far out and Roger's kneecap will take out a $300 sensor.

Dmaster

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Thanks for all the responses.
in regards to ”testing” what is the best way to do that.

Gatortotz

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the responses.
in regards to ”testing” what is the best way to do that.
Find someone in Georgia with the best lidar used in the area. You could post a thread in the regional and I'm sure you'll find someone. They will be able to help you test your set up and show you the real world performance.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabby