Does having a TX head aid with install shortcomings?

ranjha

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I have two RX and one TX up front and I noticed one of my RX heads is every so slightly tilted outwards (towards the headlight of the car, so along the curvature of the bumper). I know this is not ideal and I’m probably going to fix it, but does having a TX head make up for shortcomings like this in the install? Interested to test out the setup before I fix it. I know it’s used to jam harder guns.

asleeper

Advanced User
Reaction score
To further the point of @Smason, a TX head will provide extra coverage on a poorly installed setup. With that said, a dual ALP setup properly leveled will provide more than enough protection on a smaller to medium size car. As in, it should be JTG in most cases with the exception of some of the Dragoneye guns. Most important tip on any jammer install is to make sure the heads are level and there aren't any obstructions blocking their ability to receive or transmit.

Jon at Radenso

Manufacturer
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Premium Member
Manufacturer
Reaction score
A TX can provide leeway for misaligned RX sensors, but I find the perfect placement and alignment of the TX sensor itself is harder and less forgiving than a 3x rx setup. You can take a TX setup and slightly angle the TX wrong with two perfect RX heads and your performance will be garbage. The TX really has to be gotten right. But if it is, it's a tolerant install of poorly aligned RX sensors.

ranjha

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Wow. This is awesome information. Thanks everyone. The TX is perfect. The size really makes it easy to fit in between the grill slits of the 5 series. The RX heads are more of a pressure fit and sorta are recessed too. Granted it’s like 2 cm. But really awesome to know the TX will fill in the gaps as it’s perfectly leveled and not recessed at all.

V1Jake

Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
@ranjha try to make sure the rx heads are clear of the body line. Very big performance hit if they're recessed. Are your RX heads vertical?

ranjha

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
@ranjha try to make sure the rx heads are clear of the body line. Very big performance hit if they're recessed. Are your RX heads vertical?
Yes they are, stuffed into the grill. I’ll see what I can do and also will test the setup. Is there any easy way to test it while stationary? I can’t even get a “so-so” idea based on the Stalker’s range finder because ALP lets it get a range but not a speed and also no jam code.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabby