Install location help, 2019 dodge charger

Hou33guy

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Posted a pic. Would some one be so kind to post my pic back on where i should install the 3 heads, 2 regular and other is transmitter head

Attachments

GTO_04

Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Posted a pic. Would some one be so kind to post my pic back on where i should install the 3 heads, 2 regular and other is transmitter head
I do not have parking sensors on my Charger (Scat Pack) so I am not an expert. Having said that I will contribute my .02. One receive head in each grille nostril and the TX sensor in between them in the center of the grille.

Nice ride! I was going to get a black Scat Pack just in case I ever needed to install parking sensors. But I got a better deal on Destroyer Grey so I went with that. It is a lot easier to keep looking clean than Pitch Black!

GTO_04

Hou33guy

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Thxs alot. This car is so fun to drive, i cant stwy out of it

The Pope

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I agree with @Holla as for placement, but (those who know me know what I'm getting ready to say...) testing is the only way to verify you setup. Start off with a temporary install with double sided tape or some other method. Then test, test and test. Make adjustments and test some more. When the best location is established, then final mounting can be made.

Phantom Z3

The new kid on the block...
Advanced User
Reaction score
I got cop friends but non of the guns they use are drageye
Post automatically merged:

I sent him that pic, and he circle these
For the love of any and everything Holy... Do not test with Law Enforcement (LEOs) or anyone in the buisness of selling lidar guns.
From your username, I deduce you're in Houston. Jammers are illegal in Texas.

Secondly, we don't need to educate LEOs ourselves. I can give you instances and references and links to the horrors of what can happen if LEOs start learning what to look for. They are told jammers and detectors don't work. Keep it this way. The more they know, the harder it becomes on us.

I believe @Jag42 is close to you if you're in Houston and probably wouldn't mind testing your system.

There's a list of testers on this forum you can contact and even meetups every now and then where people test each other's setups and different products.

Last edited:

Hou33guy

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
This is a brother i grew up with since 12, his job will never change him and he is a school cop, the last thing he would do is roll over on me on anyone one else that speeds. He speed himself too so he dont write speeding tickets.

Jag42 i believe is in san antonio, and a misdemeanor with no points, a fix it ticket,yeah im ok, remember i have parking sensors lol

Last edited:

Phantom Z3

The new kid on the block...
Advanced User
Reaction score
I still wouldn't recommend it. Your best bet is to test with someone who knows how to defeat poorly installed systems. LEOs are only trained in basics. Not to mention they learn the more they get jammed. None of those guns are particularly hard to jam either so you don't know if you go to, say, certain parts of Dallas that have Dragoneye or another city that might have a XLR or TSS or even a TSLR, you don't know if you're protected fully.

You can't use the parking sensors defense with TMG. You can't prove it to LEOs or court. ALP is able to since that's what the owner manual says and it has a parking sensor function (even if it's bad at doing it).

Hou33guy

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
All i can say is if i dont use him i would just install from the recommended pic and be done with it. If it works it works if not then oh well. I dont know anyone in my area just to be testing beside him. And he could care less about someone blocking his sigal, thats not his daily duties as a school cop to run radar or laser, so if he giving me the opportunity to test it out and we are brothers that would be stupid to not try it even if its just 1 gun he use, if it jtg then i would think its mounted in sufficient spots for other guns. Especially if my local cops not using the dragon eye

And even if i couldn't use the parking sensors defense, its just a fix it ticket and 10-25 court fee, show them a blank grill and install when u get back home no biggir, but if them 4 secs do they job then it shouldn't raise suspension with cops here.

Last edited:

asleeper

Advanced User
Reaction score
First off, don't test with any LEO. No reason to educate or feed the bears. It doesn't matter if he's not a traffic cop or not. With that out of the way, there's plenty of members that would be willing to help you set up your system and test it. Not to mention give you feedback on what can be improved.

Also, keep in mind you may be able to take a picture showing the jammers were removed but should you run into that same cop, or face the same judge expect them to stick it to you.

OBeerWANKenobi

This is not the car you're looking for......
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
This is a brother i grew up with since 12, his job will never change him and he is a school cop, the last thing he would do is roll over on me on anyone one else that speeds. He speed himself too so he dont write speeding tickets.
All i can say is if i dont use him i would just install from the recommended pic and be done with it. If it works it works if not then oh well. I dont know anyone in my area just to be testing beside him. And he could care less about someone blocking his sigal, thats not his daily duties as a school cop to run radar or laser, so if he giving me the opportunity to test it out and we are brothers that would be stupid to not try it even if its just 1 gun he use, if it jtg then i would think its mounted in sufficient spots for other guns. Especially if my local cops not using the dragon eye
Be that as it may, I'll remind you of the forum rules, which are in place for a reason and based on past history.

Chapter VI: User conduct outside RDF

(1) Your conduct outside RDF usually has no effect on your status on RDF. However, exceptions apply for those who test with law enforcement or with entities and individuals we at RDF at our sole discretion consider a threat to this community and hobby. Furthermore, at RDF's sole discretion, we may restrict a user from participating on this forum for any other activity outside RDF we consider to be a threat.

DrHow

Going “Plaid” ASAP (Tesla S) RDT refugee
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
I do not have parking sensors on my Charger (Scat Pack) so I am not an expert. Having said that I will contribute my .02. One receive head in each grille nostril and the TX sensor in between them in the center of the grille.

Nice ride! I was going to get a black Scat Pack just in case I ever needed to install parking sensors. But I got a better deal on Destroyer Grey so I went with that. It is a lot easier to keep looking clean than Pitch Black!

GTO_04
Like your R1, you S-Pack is a hot one.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabby