Updates for Uniden detectors based in Israel....

Mithheru

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
@WRaleX @meni @alexb74 @Roa @Jomsha @HwSkr

So thought we probably should have a thread where people based in Israel can share their experiences and also where we can post the Uniden database updates etc.

This thread will be open for everyone to read. Therefore @WRaleX I'll let you and @meni have the final say on whether you feel it is okay to publicly release your revised GPS database.

At the end of the day, I feel it is a good idea to have a general thread where people based in Israel can get together and share their experiences, and let people know what settings to use, and any other counter measure related stuff.

WRaleX

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Hi, everybody
I have no problem sharing the database
Right now, working with @Mithheru on a new build for testing a problematic speed camera which is not getting an alert. When we fix it, I'll update with a corrected database.

WRaleX

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Hi everybody,

I am attaching the camera data base for Israel.
@Mithheru can attach the binary file that was created from this database.
Notice that cameras that are located in twisting roads might not get an alert.
For fixing the twisted roads issue, I need to get a list of cameras located on roads like that so I can manually fix them.
So if you encounter a camera that is not alerted, send me it's coordinates and I'll fix it.

Attachments

• ISRAEL_7_Sep_2020_mod.txt
    11.1 KB · Views: 21

Mithheru

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Here is the new BIN file produced from your build file.

Attachments

• Israel_DB18Sept2020.bin.zip
    2.8 KB · Views: 19

Roa

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Hi guys,

HI, Thanks for the update. ill try it soon with my US R3 UNIDEN unit
there were 2 problems in the last (sep9th) version -
Missing camera - Road no. 65 to East (ill send coords soon)
False alert @ Jerusalem Rd no 404, there is RLC next to the false alert locatin but it is fedenitly far enough from the alert location,

TNX
Post automatically merged:

Cant edit previous post
A - 31.805678, 35.206018 shows false alert. the closest camera is @ another road Which is RLC - 31.806216/35.20375 S to NORTH
My suggestion is to change the RLC location in the database a little bit to the west (IE 31.806216/35.20355)

B - Missing camera location @ road 65, west to east SPD camera
LONG 35.178167
LAT 32.565617

Tnx

Last edited:

AmsalemDaniel

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Hi friends,
Will it work with R7 ? Sorry if I missed anything, Im new to the forum.
Thanks guys.
Daniel.

Hi everybody,

I am attaching the camera data base for Israel.
@Mithheru can attach the binary file that was created from this database.
Notice that cameras that are located in twisting roads might not get an alert.
For fixing the twisted roads issue, I need to get a list of cameras located on roads like that so I can manually fix them.
So if you encounter a camera that is not alerted, send me it's coordinates and I'll fix it.
Thanks.
I can share a BIN file from the local reseller of the U-R7 website, with the data. (it cant be loaded to the US model of course) if you know how to extract the data there, It will a lot of life and tickets. :)

Last edited:

Mithheru

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Hi friends,
Will it work with R7 ? Sorry if I missed anything, Im new to the forum.
Thanks guys.
Daniel.

Thanks.
I can share a BIN file from the local reseller of the U-R7 website, with the data. (it cant be loaded to the US model of course) if you know how to extract the data there, It will a lot of life and tickets. :)

The above file will work on the R7. It is also better and more up to date than the Official Uniden R7 IL database version. Yes I can read the entire IL format database file. But in testing we showed it still gives alerts to cameras which were removed some time ago.

AmsalemDaniel

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
The above file will work on the R7. It is also better and more up to date than the Official Uniden R7 IL database version. Yes I can read the entire IL format database file. But in testing we showed it still gives alerts to cameras which were removed some time ago.
Thanks a lot man!
Really appreciate.
I should receive the unit this week. Will try it.
First official fw 1.29 and then flash this db, correct?

Mithheru

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
HI, Thanks for the update. ill try it soon with my US R3 UNIDEN unit
there were 2 problems in the last (sep9th) version -
Missing camera - Road no. 65 to East (ill send coords soon)
False alert @ Jerusalem Rd no 404, there is RLC next to the false alert locatin but it is fedenitly far enough from the alert location,

TNX

Cant edit previous post
A - 31.805678, 35.206018 shows false alert. the closest camera is @ another road Which is RLC - 31.806216/35.20375 S to NORTH
My suggestion is to change the RLC location in the database a little bit to the west (IE 31.806216/35.20355)

B - Missing camera location @ road 65, west to east SPD camera
LONG 35.178167
LAT 32.565617

Tnx

Didn't get a notification of your suggestions!?

Redlight camera location is quite tricky to remove the false alert. I would probably have to rebuild this for you and get you to retest. Moving the location of redlight will not be anywhere near far enough. Perhaps I see if I can find a similar layout somewhere here where I can rebuild test and optimise.

32.565617,35.178167 is easy to add. I do need the speed limit though!

Last edited:

Roa

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Didn't get a notification of your suggestions!?

Redlight camera location is quite tricky to remove the false alert. I would probably have to rebuild this for you and get you to retest. Moving the location of redlight will not be anywhere near far enough. Perhaps I see if I can find a similar layout somewhere here where I can rebuild test and optimise.

32.565617,35.178167 is easy to add. I do need the speed limit though!
32.565617,35.178167 speed linit is 80 KM/H.
Tnx for adding it.

The false alert is very tricky, its a road aboce another road, and the upper one is the same direction as the lower one which there is the camera.
Does the detector knows the altitude?

Mithheru

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Tnx for adding it.

The false alert is very tricky, its a road aboce another road, and the upper one is the same direction as the lower one which there is the camera.

I'll try to rebuild it tomorrow. The Uniden do have gps altitude, but not something captured in the gps database or used by the firmware for this purpose. Let me have another look, chances are its beyond what can be done. The other one though is easy to add, so I'll get that done.

alexb74

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Tnx for adding it.

I have almost the same situation on //kmh 31.59966,34.81246,MDSP,D280,73 this camera ,but in my is not the same direction,may be the angle is wrong?

Mithheru

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I have almost the same situation on //kmh 31.59966,34.81246,MDSP,D280,73 this camera ,but in my is not the same direction,may be the angle is wrong?

Looking at google, this location would be for the camera alert heading WNW, and would be for the road going under the bridge. I see nothing here on Google images, but the alert should work as the approach is within 30 degrees difference. You would also not get any alerts on the overpass which would make sense.

Perhaps if you're familiar with the location you can advise what is needed, so I can check the build.

alexb74

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Looking at google, this location would be for the camera alert heading WNW, and would be for the road going under the bridge. I see nothing here on Google images, but the alert should work as the approach is within 30 degrees difference. You would also not get any alerts on the overpass which would make sense.

Perhaps if you're familiar with the location you can advise what is needed, so I can check the build.
The alert is received when I come from Route 35 opposite direction to the camera and get on the bridge of Route 6 heading north. The alert goes off for a second and disappears

alexb74

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Today I passed across this camera //kmh 32.68755,35.29449 and I didn't get any alerts. This camera is both speed and red light with speed limit less than 50 kmh

Mithheru

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
The alert is received when I come from Route 35 opposite direction to the camera and get on the bridge of Route 6 heading north. The alert goes off for a second and disappears

So this happens because on the join to route 6 you turn almost a full circle. Momentarily you are heading within the correct alert direction of the camera and within its range. This type of false alert is unavoidable in this situation.

As you say the false alert only lasts a second or so.

Today I passed across this camera //kmh 32.68755,35.29449 and I didn't get any alerts. This camera is both speed and red light with speed limit less than 50 kmh

This alert is located around a bend in the road. Therefore needs a bit of work to make it work correctly. I will make my proposed changes which should improve. The present angle simply does not pick up the approach at distance which explains why you currently get no alert.

Here is the new build and notes as explaining what has been changed:

@alexb74

For the camera located at 32.68755,35.29449 currently this is built at 52 kmh. If you think the redspeed is below 50kmh then perhaps the speed alert also needs a review.

Attachments

• 18Oct.txt
    11.5 KB · Views: 7
  • ISRAEL_18_Oct_2020.bin.zip
    2.8 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

AmsalemDaniel

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
So this happens because on the join to route 6 you turn almost a full circle. Momentarily you are heading within the correct alert direction of the camera and within its range. This type of false alert is unavoidable in this situation.

As you say the false alert only lasts a second or so.

This alert is located around a bend in the road. Therefore needs a bit of work to make it work correctly. I will make my proposed changes which should improve. The present angle simply does not pick up the approach at distance which explains why you currently get no alert.

Here is the new build and notes as explaining what has been changed:

@alexb74

For the camera located at 32.68755,35.29449 currently this is built at 52 kmh. If you think the redspeed is below 50kmh then perhaps the speed alert also needs a review.
Hi my friends,
so first of all thanks again, since it works amazing with the R7.
only issue is that I found a RED/Speed Camera that I receive alert only in the opposite direction (wrong direction),
the exact correct location of the camera is 32.278290, 34.849397 when driving from north to south.
the wrong alert in that junction from the other side is incorrect (there is only one camera in that junction)
the speed limit is 60km/h.
I hope you can update the database and add this camera and the info I provided is sufficient.
Appreciate your work.

Daniel

Mithheru

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Hi my friends,
so first of all thanks again, since it works amazing with the R7.
only issue is that I found a RED/Speed Camera that I receive alert only in the opposite direction (wrong direction),
the exact correct location of the camera is 32.278290, 34.849397 when driving from north to south.
the wrong alert in that junction from the other side is incorrect (there is only one camera in that junction)
the speed limit is 60km/h.
I hope you can update the database and add this camera and the info I provided is sufficient.
Appreciate your work.

Daniel
@Roa, looks like the original data isn't quite right for this one.

This is an easy fix. However, it's getting late here. If I haven't fixed it within a couple of days, please could someone send me a reminder.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jromjr