Tx size and placement?

Ionripper88

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Looking to buy my first full set up and ive always lived by the buy once, cry once mentality. Ide like to run triples front and rear on my 2018 Audi A4. From other posts i know where to place the front heads but i cant find dimensions for the Tx and where i would like to mount it in the rear is a tight fit. Because of the trunk release and rear camera mounting it dead in the middle seems unlikely unless someone can give me some insite on how. Attached are pictures of the rear of the car and my central mounting options. Should i go to the left or right side if it will fit at all.

Attachments

• 20200907_140932.jpg
    20200907_140932.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 42
  • 20200907_140841.jpg
    20200907_140841.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 43

V1Jake

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Please blur out your plate....

Put it on the red spot to the right (passenger side) if you are in NYC since they almost always shoot the rears from the right side. If you're upstate NYSP tend to be in the center medians so the left box for that

Ionripper88

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Please blur out your plate....

Put it on the red spot to the right (passenger side) if you are in NYC since they almost always shoot the rears from the right side. If you're upstate NYSP tend to be in the center medians so the left box for that

Sorry didnt think it would be an issue. I updated the post

Phantom Z3

The new kid on the block...
Advanced User
Reaction score
Sorry didnt think it would be an issue. I updated the post
It's for your own good. Just looking out for ya 😛.

Not to mention LEOs might snoop around on here and see your plate then decide to harass you. Better safe than sorry as they say.
Post automatically merged:

Only other thing I'll add to the suggestion above is you want to keep around 7-8in between the TX and RX heads. Once you get it installed, have someone with a Dragoneye gun on this forum near you test your setup. I'll try to find the list for you.

Edit: found the list.

Last edited:

Ionripper88

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
It's for your own good. Just looking out for ya 😛.

Not to mention LEOs might snoop around on here and see your plate then decide to harass you. Better safe than sorry as they say.
Post automatically merged:

Only other thing I'll add to the suggestion above is you want to keep around 7-8in between the TX and RX heads. Once you get it installed, have someone with a Dragoneye gun on this forum near you test your setup. I'll try to find the list for you.

Edit: found the list.

Appreciate it. I would love to get it tested but everyone on that list is over 200 miles away from me. Guess im going to have to plan a trip one day.

OBeerWANKenobi

This is not the car you're looking for......
ModSec
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
If I were you, I would start with 1 Rx and 1 Tx in the rear but I would run two cables instead of using a splitter. Some setups test very well with just the two sensors in the rear. The benefit is if it tests good, you save the price of one sensor and you don't have to worry about mounting so much. Also, because you ran two cables, you can always add a splitter and the second Rx head easily later if you find you need more protection. Win-win IMO. You can even get a dummy housing that makes your Tx look like an Rx so everything will be symmetrical.

The Tx is pretty small:

1599580959828.png

OBeerWANKenobi

ModSec
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
I just mounted a set last night. The TX is in the right side RX housing. If I had two RX heads I'd Mount them as far apart as possible within the plate area.

IMG_20200908_204237.jpg

Needless to say, I still have to get this tested to see how it works.

MASI

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Doesn't ALP recommend at least 7" between a TX head and a regular, on order to avoid potential interference/feedback/reflection?

OBeerWANKenobi

ModSec
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Doesn't ALP recommend at least 7" between a TX head and a regular, on order to avoid potential interference/feedback/reflection?
Did someone suggest otherwise? I saw @Phantom Z3 suggest 7-8" above.

MASI

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Just looking at the photo, my friend. :)

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shemp