Theia - New Feature Request

eric15178

If you ain't 1st you're last-Ricky Bobby
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I was flying home last night on my wonderful empty highways (147 overall average)

Some guy decided he wanted to keep up, but not only that, follow behind me roughly 15 feet behind me at ~165km/hr.

I switched lanes multiple times and he would just mirror me. Quite frustrating, but also quite dangerous. If I had to JTK @ 100kph I would have to seriously throw anchor. Hed probably end up in my backseat.
people are so stupid. My car doesn't even go that fast but i don't understand the people that do that.

Doesn't happen that often but when it does. Like you pass them, they see the rd-or just want to cruise with you. Like stay back a little bit. If my detector works as desired or i just plain see the cop 1st, i won't be able to hit the brakes anyway or they'll slam right into you. Sometimes I'll tap the brakes just to make the light come on, freak them out for a second, and still, more often than not, they don't get it and just continue on.

As for the original post on this thread. I don't want a computer in control of my gas pedal or brake. Wait til it glitches out and drills the brakes on a icy road or drills the brakes with someone on your bumper

dougr

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Lawsuit? No different than any other emergency auto braking service already out there.
Off topic, but unless liability laws are changed, I think self driving won't ever go beyond infancy. It's a transfer of liability from individual drivers to manufacturers, and deep pocketed at that. That won't work in this litigious society, long term.

jumperthumper

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Back. In the Wack. E of Vancouver. W of rest
Special thea set-up

I don’t know it for a fact but i know its true that jon has a police radar emitter in his car grill with dash mounted remote switch just for laughs. Or perhaps vortex ?

Randy at Radenso

beyond radar.
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Manufacturer
Reaction score
Special thea set-up

I don’t know it for a fact but i know its true that jon has a police radar emitter in his car grill with dash mounted remote switch just for laughs. Or perhaps vortex ?
Not true, I know a few members on here do though. Easier to just use a pocket radar to mess with people on the highway but I wouldn't know anything about that...

GrandAmster

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Off topic, but unless liability laws are changed, I think self driving won't ever go beyond infancy. It's a transfer of liability from individual drivers to manufacturers, and deep pocketed at that. That won't work in this litigious society, long term.
As they figured out how to legally ticket vehicle owners whether or not they actually committed the infraction with photo radar, it’s not a leap that they will also make vehicle owners (or perhaps occupant) responsible whether or not the auto pilot is on.

2FST4U

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I was flying home last night on my wonderful empty highways (147 overall average)

Some guy decided he wanted to keep up, but not only that, follow behind me roughly 15 feet behind me at ~165km/hr.

I switched lanes multiple times and he would just mirror me. Quite frustrating, but also quite dangerous. If I had to JTK @ 100kph I would have to seriously throw anchor. Hed probably end up in my backseat.
Had the same happen to me this morning, hate that. A semi aggressive brake check usually wakes them up and if not I’ll see if they want to try and keep up once I get to a nice straight away :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

MikePA

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Brake checking someone that close and at the speeds mentioned. Geez.

NoLimits

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Regarding a request for a new feature ...
Many of us hardwire our detectors. Would it be possible if Theia had radio mute cable in the hardwire set?

Randy at Radenso

beyond radar.
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Manufacturer
Reaction score
Regarding a request for a new feature ...
Many of us hardwire our detectors. Would it be possible if Theia had radio mute cable in the hardwire set?
Maybe but for now we are focusing on just finishing Theia. We have a laundry list of things we want to add down the road for it.

NoLimits

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I'm affraid you didn't understand. I need to automaticly mute radio while RD alerting. Simple but very useful feature.

Jon at Radenso

Manufacturer
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Premium Member
Manufacturer
Reaction score
I'm affraid you didn't understand. I need to automaticly mute radio while RD alerting. Simple but very useful feature.
Don't think there are enough free pins on the USB connector for this. We already use the sideband pins for the mute button.

MikePA

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
As the Radenso team has said, many times, they are enthusiasts, too. I have yet to read a feature request that wasn't already on their list. Also, as they hav e said many times, they are not going to announce future plans and features on a forum their competitors can read. Common sense.

Jon at Radenso

Manufacturer
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Premium Member
Manufacturer
Reaction score
Oh, okay. Can one handle it with some hardware that could be done by DIY?
It may be possible but would require making your own cable and doing some programming.

2FST4U

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Brake checking someone that close and at the speeds mentioned. Geez.
One foot on the gas, one on the brake just like Sammy. Not looking to get tail piped or cause an accident just maybe get them to shart. ;))

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Vancity23

Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Just my 2 cents, Theia will be amazing out of the box, having all the best features available from current legacy detectors and more, but it sounds like the platform is built for the future so the ability to add more features and customization would seem definitely possible...

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fc1kitchen