What should I do with never used Laser Interceptor (2012) Jammer?

TenSecondZ

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Long time (mostly) lurker - Purchased from Cliff in 2012 and never installed. Does this still have any value? - Is it worth installing? - In the process of moving to central FL ( hence my re-discovery) - Understand that it is not up to date for the most recent gun firmware....

Thoughts?

sdrawkcaB

Defender of Light 📶
Security
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Depending on the version of the heads and CPU, there may be a few members here who could be interested. I don't think you'll get much more than $200 for them though, to be honest. If you don't have anyone here taking interest, then I'd put them on eBay and take whatever you can get for them.

As far as effectiveness in Florida, I say we ask @thebravo for advice. He may need you to provide more details such as the head version and CPU version before he can give you a good answer. There should be a sticker on the back of your heads that indicates what version they are.

thebravo

Security
Security
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
So in FL, laser protection is a good idea. While you won't always see laser everywhere, it's out there enough that you will see it on occasion. As far as laser interceptor goes, it's still a decent option in some areas of FL. dragoneye/laser ally is in scattered areas and LI doesn't work against DE and some Laser ally, I know it's up in the duval/jacksonville area and in Boca Raton, there is some along I75 toward the GA area as well I think. I believe it's mostly by locals and not FHP, but it is on the list of approved devices so technically FHP can buy and use them. I can't say I have heard of any instances of DE in central FL though, I have run into stalkerXLR/RLR up that way before, but in my testing LI did fine with stalker guns, and it does fine with all the fixed rate guns. I have a set on the wife's car still and I had a set on the back of mine until recently. I run the south florida testing group so they have been put through several rounds of testing and other than dragoneye I haven't found anything they don't jam. Now that's using the later generation CPUs 3.0 or higher I think, haven't tested older versions and heads version 8.9. I can say for sure on older CPU/head revisions, but if you update them to the latest 8.20 firmware they will provide reasonable coverage against the bulk of guns out there. Better than not being protected at all for sure :). That said if you are paying to have them professionally installed, it might be worth upgrading so you don't spend a ton getting an older system put in then upgrading down the road and having to pay again, but if you can do the install yourself then it's not a big deal.

Take a look at the CPU and head versions and see what you have. You will want a decent RD, and Waze down here, though highwayradar or JBV1 are better options as they have aircraft vascar trap warnings and they do run aircraft in FL.

RedRocket

Lidar Shootist
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
There are earlier f/w versions of Stalker XLR that L.I. doesn't even alert to, it's IPT !
I noticed it when Testing @Andrew21 in Winsor,CT.

thebravo

Security
Security
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
yes some of the very old XLR's may not be covered, but I would expect most of those to be upgraded in FW by now, I have tested ones in the 2016-2018 range and those were JTG... When I had them on the rear my car, they went off to the XLR's the cops around me are using.

Autotech198

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Sell for $ and apply that for a TMG system. I drive for a living and my Alp records Truspeed/Ultralyte20/20 100 percent of the time and pro laser 3. You drop a $6,000 stalker, you may get fired. The LI has been alerting to most so far, but is a very old system.

Last edited:

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabby