ZR5 New Install

HZ360C

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Just completed ZR5 installation, and thanks for all the tips and suggestions. I have connected with RL360c and configured JTK for 4 seconds. Everything seems working as it should be. Upon powering up, the RL360c will display briefly with “Laser Shift”. I am thinking about the add the center sensor if need down the road. With my luck as always, did a quick drive to the spot normally had LEO with laser gun, none was there today. I guess the question now would be to find a laser tester to make sure it acts as expected. Here are few quick pics during the install:

A1D0D21F-D560-46E5-9371-D73F66F87206.jpeg

A5CA316A-908F-4744-8DB6-84CA904C9CBF.jpeg

89C1CEC7-3993-4E65-82F5-9767704B0063.jpeg

1027CD96-F894-4F5E-81F2-30C57B627CF3.jpeg

C7465BE2-0165-46DF-91CF-796757CC8C1F.jpeg

Smason

What is a PSL?
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Well done! Those should treat you well. Time to get tested!

HZ360C

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Well done! Those should treat you well. Time to get tested!
That’s my next question, any simple devices available on the market to test it?

NorEaster18

Maximum Efficiency
Advanced User
Reaction score
That’s my next question, any simple devices available on the market to test it?
You really need to test against a real lidar gun (or a few of them!) The best thing you can do is contact a tester in your local area and schedule to meet with them.

Great looking install! I agree, the center may be a good add down the road. But with just this dual, it looks very clean and well done!

HZ360C

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
You really need to test against a real lidar gun (or a few of them!) The best thing you can do is contact a tester in your local area an schedule to meet with them.

Great looking install! I agree, the center may be a good add down the road. But with just this dual, it looks very clean and well done!
Thanks. Will reach out to get it tested.

sdrawkcaB

Defender of Light 📶
ModSec
VIP
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
The handheld testers are mostly just for ensuring your heads are connected properly and at least electrically functioning. As far as testing the quality of your install, they aren't of any use at all. Testing for things like head aim and alignment, positioning and overall coverage of your vehicle... you will need to get shot by a real LIDAR gun. You can buy one yourself, then have a friend or family member drive your car while you shoot at it, or you can arrange to meet up with someone from RDForum that is close by and has the LIDAR guns available.

There are pros and cons to each option. Owning a used LIDAR gun is nice, but will still require a 2nd person to assist you with driving your car while you shoot it. Meeting up with other members is good as they can pass on experience to you by looking over your install and helping you test more thoroughly. I'd suggest first trying to meet up with someone close by, and hooking them up with some gas money + lunch or dinner in exchange for their time.

Once you've learned a few things in person from them, then go buy a simple LIDAR gun to own and test with in the future. A good starter LIDAR gun is the Kustom Signals Inc. Pro Laser III, also known as the KSI PL3 or Kustom PL3. They are still widely used throughout the States, are reliable, and very easy to operate.

HZ360C

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
@sdrawkcaB Excellent suggestion and technical tips. I will definitely reach out for the pros.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
The Red Baron