What mode do you use on your gen 2?

Trinity

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I started off using little "l" but recently I moved to "A" mode and it's better for me. With l mode the detector would mute my KA alerts, but still give a visual warning until the detector decided it was a threat to me. I wanna hear the complete ramp up from start to finish.

Anyone else find A mode better to use as your daily mode instead of the popular little l mode.

Edit: I did train jbv1 with little L mode so A mode is not that chatty and it doesn't false to BSM too much with A mode and Jbv1.

V1Jake

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Depends where I drive. In PA where they use low power K guns I keep it in A, everywhere else where K is used I use big L

Deadhead1971

Rock, rock, roll, Plymouth Rock, rollover
Advanced User
Reaction score
Logic (little L) does not affect Ka, only K; it mutes weak K alerts (1 -2 bars) and then usually beeps after that. You still see all alerts with Logic mode.

If Ka muting is going on, check your app settings; it’s not the detector’s settings.

Last edited:

harorider1

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
A Mode (V1G2) because most of my driving over the week is 100 miles on highway to work and 100 miles back. Run with JBV1 on tablet connected to a hot spot and Waze connected to my iPhone that projects on my Car LCD in Apple CarPlay.

Last edited:

Bloovy One

"Today didn't have to end in eels"
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
I use JBV1 to automatically change from L to L at 40 mph.

Same. I also use the PSL feature for roads where the PSL is known which is the majority of them. 40 MPH when PSL isn't known.
Trinity, As mentioned above, Logic modes only affect X and K bands. :)

Trinity

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
That's weird. The only thing I noticed when I changed to A mode was full alerts on my KA.

However, I still want my legit K band to have a full alert sound also, so A mode is still my current pick of modes. Something about muting real police radar for a certain amount of distance I don't like.

Deadhead1971

Advanced User
Reaction score
That's weird. The only thing I noticed when I changed to A mode was full alerts on my KA.

However, I still want my legit K band to have a full alert sound also, so A mode is still my current pick of modes. Something about muting real police radar for a certain amount of distance I don't like.
Your original post (OP) states Ka muting was happening which is a V1 Driver and maybe JBV1 app feature - Ka muting is not a setting in the detector or with VR’s Connection app. I don’t use JBV1 so I don’t know what setting you have activated. I am tagging @johnboy00

Trinity

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Your original post (OP) states Ka muting was happening which is a V1 Driver and maybe JBV1 app feature - Ka muting is not a setting in the detector or with VR’s Connection app. I don’t use JBV1 so I don’t know what setting you have activated. I am tagging @johnboy00
JB says it's happens because of a alert that was previously muted so it will mute the KA so he suggested I turn on KA conflict option which makes jbv1 alert for KA using the phone speaker. I don't have any specific question for JB for this issue anymore. I'm happy with A mode for my driving now and was just wondering what everyone else is using.

Deadhead1971

Advanced User
Reaction score
JB says it's happens because of a alert that was previously muted so it will mute the KA so he suggested I turn on KA conflict option which makes jbv1 alert for KA using the phone speaker. I don't have any specific question for JB for this issue anymore. I'm happy with A mode for my driving now and was just wondering what everyone else is using.
Muting can get complicated -the detector can mute, and the app can mute (double / overlapping muting can happen for K band)

Transporter

ModWight Transporter
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
In front of you but behind a Rabbit - Hot'Lanta,GA
I live in Atlanta so V1G2 along with JBV1 starts in Big L and at 50MPH auto switches to A. Yes a compromise but one I can live with IE maximum quiet in town and maximum protection when over 50MPH.

XDA

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I ran my V1G1 in Euro mode with X off & the RDF recommended sweeps. Now with my V1G2 I run X off, eSavvy at 37, and "A" all bogies mode. My G2 is quieter than my G1. Do note: I am a highway user. I only run my RD in the city on the way out of the city.

surprisinguy

Government can only give what it takes...
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Big L with little L at 30mph - hoping that V1 will reinstate the muting options that V1G1 had for the Gen2

Brainstorm69

TXCTG - 2016 MOTY
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Been using A mode myself. Pretty quiet even here in the big city, although I still don't drive that much these days.

RoadDogg

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I pretty much run my Gen2 in All-Bogeys mode (A) the vast majority of the time even in the city (especially if I am driving in a city that uses K-band). As an I-phone user, I use V1 Driver, and my V1G2 works well and is quiet for me even in All-Bogeys mode.

When I have run my V1G2 in Logic mode (l), if I have my muted volume too low, I may miss an initial audible alert if my music or radio is too loud depending on which vehicle I am driving.

I rarely use Advanced Logic (L) unless I am in a city or county that I am 100% sure no K-band is used.

Since I do encounter a lot of real police K-band, I prefer not to use Advanced Logic as it normally delays presenting a K-band alert to the user after the analyzer has processed and analyzed the signal, and I don’t want to miss a weak or off axis K-band signal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SaratogaLefty

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I use Logic Mode (little L) with V1 Driver. Savvy set to 30 mph. X mode off. I don't miss any alerts from V1 Driver because I have it set to "Duck" my music on CarPlay so alerts come through my car speakers loud and clear. My V1Gen2 is mounted as high as possible above and to the left of my rear view mirror. I have my iphone mounted on my dash just to the right front of my field of vision so I rarely look at the Gen 2 itself but use the phone display to view V1 Driver information. To view the Gen 2 I would have to look up and to the right so that is something I rarely do.

Last edited:

jfr0317

PSL +5
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I use JBV1 to set my V1G2 to Advanced Logic under 30 MPH or under the PSL for roads that JBV1's mapping has that info for and then have it auto switch to logic (little L mode) above those speeds.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedHook