Hi from Seattle

Trike

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I'm located in washington state. I just signed up and recently started researching CM's. Thanks for the awesome forum! There's a lot of helpful information here.
I don't have a radar yet, v1g2 looks pretty good to me, but like everyone else, waiting on the Theia to be released. But I did purchase a TMG quad head + vpr head for the front. I know WA and OR doesn't use DE's, but I got one anyways, just in case. It will be installed on my 2015 VW Tiguan. Hopefully I'll be able to find someone in WA that can help me test it and verify it's working.

Trike

Z06fan

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum!

milkman

Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
welcome to the forum

2018GTI

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Welcome! Sounds like you are off to a good start. Whatever radar detector route you go, make sure you have something for aircraft alerts. You could use JBV1(aircraft alerts, much better CSA alerts, Brake Force Detection--jtk for the TMG etc) with or without a G1V2. If you did get a V1G2, it would be totally integrated with your TMG.

Choices are great!

Trike

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Thanks for the tips 2018GTI.

I actually just started playing around with JBV1 and checking it out. I really like the PAWS feature. Just a few mins ago, While sitting at home, I got alerted about a suspicious helicopter and it was a king county sheriff helicopter. Flight path looked like it was headed my direction, I went outside and within a minute, I could hear it and saw it fly by. Pretty cool.

I definitely want to check out the TMG integration with JBV1, I didn't realize there were features like the Brake Force Detection JTK.

2018GTI

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Thanks for the tips 2018GTI.

I actually just started playing around with JBV1 and checking it out. I really like the PAWS feature. Just a few mins ago, While sitting at home, I got alerted about a suspicious helicopter and it was a king county sheriff helicopter. Flight path looked like it was headed my direction, I went outside and within a minute, I could hear it and saw it fly by. Pretty cool.

I definitely want to check out the TMG integration with JBV1, I didn't realize there were features like the Brake Force Detection JTK.
Excellent! Theia is gonna be great too, just wanted to make sure you are aware of how cool V1G2/TMG/JBV1 is. There is a ton to research!

FYI, the aircraft enforcement is for real in WA.

Trike

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
You're right, I've only touched the surface for CM's. Been doing a ton of reading on this forum.
I knew aircraft enforcement existed, but I've never really considered it an issue for some reason. Part of my issue is, since I can't see the aircraft, it's out of sight, out of mind. With JBV1, it brings a lot of awareness to what aircraft is around you.

2018GTI

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
You're right, I've only touched the surface for CM's. Been doing a ton of reading on this forum.
I knew aircraft enforcement existed, but I've never really considered it an issue for some reason. Part of my issue is, since I can't see the aircraft, it's out of sight, out of mind. With JBV1, it brings a lot of awareness to what aircraft is around you.
If you keep watching JBV1, it will alert for real at some point. I used Flight Aware to track WSP flights a while back. 5 planes, all over the state, very frequently.
Post automatically merged:

Hi Everyone,

I'm located in washington state. I just signed up and recently started researching CM's. Thanks for the awesome forum! There's a lot of helpful information here.
I don't have a radar yet, v1g2 looks pretty good to me, but like everyone else, waiting on the Theia to be released. But I did purchase a TMG quad head + vpr head for the front. I know WA and OR doesn't use DE's, but I got one anyways, just in case. It will be installed on my 2015 VW Tiguan. Hopefully I'll be able to find someone in WA that can help me test it and verify it's working.

Trike
You might want to consider asking foxstang to test your set up. He is in Portland, but he has a TSS(good gun to test with) and has been very willing to test. That is the toughest gun to test with in the area as far as I know.

Last edited:

Trike

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Thanks! Once I get all setup, I'll start looking into some testing.

NWVolt

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Welcome, Trike.

Ive been running happy a few years with my V1+JBV1, which is absolutely amazing, as you have already found out. Can't imagine one without the other. Thinking on the G2.

Can't imagine being more confident than if I had the "tri-fecta", V1/JBV1/TMG.

2018GTI

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Welcome, Trike.

Ive been running happy a few years with my V1+JBV1, which is absolutely amazing, as you have already found out. Can't imagine one without the other. Thinking on the G2.

Can't imagine being more confident than if I had the "tri-fecta", V1/JBV1/TMG.
Its a good one, you should try it!

Trike

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm still doing research, but V1 G2 might be the next step. Just depends on how long I can wait out for Theia.

Hey 2018GTI,

Where did you end up putting your A-15 CPU? I have a spot in the center console under my heat/ac controls in the Tiguan. I was going to put it in the little coin cubby under the driver dash, but I have a aquamist cpu already in there and the A-15 doesn't wont fit with that in there. I think it'll be stealth enough. and I can still reach the power button to turn it off.

2018GTI

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I put it in exactly that spot. On mine, I can slide the cover down and it disappears. I always have JBV1 running though, so I would JKT using by touching my Samsung screen during the alert or by braking with my foot (Brake Force Detection).

ICULookin

Road Terror- ICU watching
Beginner User
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.

2018GTI

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
And I-5 to Portland, and I-90 to the East, I have not monitored it recently.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnnyWishbone