RF section of Theia

thesilverbullet

Clemson Tigers
Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
X band confirmed in NC on multiple occasions
where? city, sheriff, state troopers? how many?

are x guns still being manufactured? i thinking x traps are a low probability any where in the us.

folks are at at a much higher risk of getting hit by laser. do the folks worried about x have parking sensors? imo - manufactures should focus on k/Ka radar / parking sensor combo systems more so than worrying about the hand full of X band guns that are still in use.

Last edited:

Pumanator

rawr
Beginner User
Reaction score
Where in NC? When were the occasions? Today? Last year?
I've seen it 3 times now since 2015. Last time was in 2019. Raleigh, Garner area, and up towards Danville, VA. As Swank said below, it's probably the small town sheriff departments with dated equipment. One was in an old unmarked impala, one was in a Crown Vic, and the other I couldn't tell, but it was on a quiet country road passing the sheriff department with 20+ cars outside. None were Raleigh or other big name city agencies.
Not trying to argue, just pointing out that X is still used to some degree..for now at least.

Find a poor sheriff’s dept in any of the “southern” states and you’ll get hit with X and K, I promise you. Haha

Randy at Radenso

beyond radar.
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Manufacturer
Reaction score
The hope is that Theia will allow us to leave X on “just in case” and not have to worry about constant falses.
Wow... come on guys... seriously? Why is this even a question or thought?

SwankPeRFection

Corgi Lovers
Beginner User
Reaction score
Nor am I! Just trying to gauge how recent and pervasive the threat might be. The hope is that Theia will allow us to leave X on “just in case” and not have to worry about constant falses.
I have all my bands On on my V1G1 and no major falses on X. There’s one building that does it and I haven’t figured out what it is yet but nothing else. I’d say I get more K band falses than X most definitely.
Post automatically merged:

It’s going to take a while for people to transition over to not thinking about frequency and bands and rather exact model threats. It’s like with Lidar... pretty sure the jammer guys don’t point out exact wavelength or pulse but rather brand gun used. You’ll essentially pushing everyone to think that same way with Theia but it’ll take time.

Last edited:

Deacon

TXCTG
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Because it remains unproven in production units in real-world use. Thus it remains our hope that Theia lives up to the promise. It may be old hat to you, but none of us have ever run one yet.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shrikantsoni