V1 Driver in NJ/NYC

ldogg

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
What GPS and Savvy settings do people recommend for the V1 Driver in NJ (Jersey CIty/Hoboken/West New York area) and NYC but still have best coverage when doing longer trips? I currently have Savvy mute for K and X, and GPS Auto Learn for K, X, and Laser. Does that make sense?

Deacon

TXCTG
VIP
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I’m not sure about auto learn for laser, but I root change my settings based on where I’m driving. I just made a 7-state, 4500 mile road trip to Yellowstone, and I never changed my V1Driver settings.

Honestly there’s not all that much to play with. The settings out of the box are pretty well solid, and you can tweak anything you like if you know why you would and what you would change it to.

IsItWorthIt

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I have limited experience but agree with @Deacon. I have mine set following the recommendations by @Vortex and it works pretty well. I recently completed a 12 State 2700 mile trip Plus a 4 state 1300 mile trip and it worked very well. I had X and K band falses but you can tell they are false by the signal strength and ramp up.

V1Jake

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
NYC: Ka and lidar
NY: outside of NYC K/Ka and lidar
NJ: X/K/Ka and lidar for local driving
NJ: X/Ka and lidar for State Police enforced highways/parkways/turnpike

mswlogo

Software Developer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
I started using Auto Laser to handle things like toll booths that trip it every time. Works great. Pretty low risk.

SaratogaLefty

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I started using Auto Laser to handle things like toll booths that trip it every time. Works great. Pretty low risk.

I believe you are referring to the "Auto Learn Laser" option under "GPS Settings", correct?

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fliegenfischen