Question around first batch of Theia

natedog7700

PSL + whatever i feel like
Beginner User
Reaction score
We have already mentioned several times in the past that we will be showing videos of Theia in action before pre-orders begin and Vortex will also be able to do testing before units are shipped.

I think most of you still keep forgetting we are enthusiasts too and have been before many of you even registered for RDF.

Splendid! :D

Brilliant

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
We set an all-time RC M sales record this month and totally ran out of stock; we are already almost at 6 figures of backorders for next month. It's insane how much the high end stuff is selling right now, usually it's the other way around. People buying $5k radar detectors are not really affected by the same economic factors as those buying a $200 one.
Well, no, as they have no budget but then there are less of them. If Apple is right, the common man made them a trillian dollar company.

larryg1do

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
A few people are getting ants [sic]. Others are clearly frustrated management consultants who need to start their own company and share their wisdom, particularly marketing insights, with the world. RDF is a much too small a stage for them. All they need to do is learn manners and they'd be all set.
Typo should have been antsy
Post automatically merged:

One other thought - I’m sure Radenso would like to ship as soon as possible but once we get further into the year shipping is going to get exponentially more difficult in terms of length of time with the holiday shopping season which will be done mainly online given COVID and so many stores not open, out of business, and mostly just not stocking the shelves.

Last edited:

jdog

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I don’t know man. I would think anyone that is a consumed enthusiast will figure out a way to find the money for what at least looks like on paper, to be by far the best counter measure device against police radar ever invented. If this thing is just half of what they say I would think it would dominate the detector market significantly over others for quite some time or until the other companies come out with the same type of device.
There will continue to be a market for high quality and long-range, decent filtering legacy RD's that will average 30% - 60% of Theia's price well into the future.

Jon at Radenso

Manufacturer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Manufacturer
Reaction score
There will continue to be a market for high quality and long-range, decent filtering legacy RD's that will average 30% - 60% of Theia's price well into the future.

I agree with this. And have planned for it ;)

Bossdad71

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I don’t know man. I would think anyone that is a consumed enthusiast will figure out a way to find the money for what at least looks like on paper, to be by far the best counter measure device against police radar ever invented. If this thing is just half of what they say I would think it would dominate the detector market significantly over others for quite some time or until the other companies come out with the same type of device.
Nice sewing you @Patton250 missed you

Patton250

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Yes but only for people that don’t know any better.

aim4squirrels

Coming soon.....
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Yes but only for people that don’t know any better.
Some people, even enthusiasts, have a budget they have to stick to. Especially if work has been scarce the last few months.

I think there's still going to be a very healthy market for the other guys besides Theia.

Patton250

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Wow, talk about radar detector elitism and arrogance. As aim4squirrels said, "Some people, even enthusiasts, have a budget..." for toys.
If you can’t figure out a way to budget a $1200 detector then you shouldn’t speed. Ever. I suggest you check yourself next time before directing insults towards other forum members.

I think there's still going to be a very healthy market for the other guys besides Theia.
Perhaps, but most of that will have to do with fanboyism and unawareness not budgets.

Last edited:

aim4squirrels

Coming soon.....
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
If you can’t figure out a way to budget a $1200 detector then you shouldn’t speed. Ever. I suggest you check yourself next time before directing insults towards other forum members.

Perhaps, but most of that will have to do with fanboyism and unawareness not budgets.
Nope. I disagree completely. The members of this board are a drop in the bucket of total detector sales. Theia will need a lot more exposure than just this place to catch fire, and they'll need a presence in multiple distribution channels to start really dinging sales on the other detectors.

And if it performs as promised, fanboyism will go right out the window, because the fanboys will be yelling in an echo chamber to themselves like this:

tmp.gif

Patton250

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Nope. I disagree completely. The members of this board are a drop in the bucket of total detector sales. Theia will need a lot more exposure than just this place to catch fire, and they'll need a presence in multiple distribution channels to start really dinging sales on the other detectors.

And if it performs as promised, fanboyism will go right out the window, because the fanboys will be yelling in an echo chamber to themselves like this:

View attachment 162184
Well we can agree to disagree. There’s a couple of brands in here, one in particular that I don’t care if some company invents a detector that knows where every cop on the planet is at all times they still won’t buy it and replace their current brand one.

Also do you really think Radenso is going to release this thing unless it delivers 100% as they say? I doubt it. They would just put off the release and swallow their pride before they released a flop. Having said that I’m sure they’ll be plenty of people that wait and see the first reviews and I completely understand that.

aim4squirrels

Coming soon.....
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Well we can agree to disagree. There’s a couple of brands in here, one in particular that I don’t care if some company invents a detector that knows where every cop on the planet is at all times they still won’t buy it and replace their current brand one.

Also do you really think Radenso is going to release this thing unless it delivers 100% as they say? I doubt it. They would just put off the release and swallow their pride before they released a flop. Having said that I’m sure they’ll be plenty of people that wait and see the first reviews and I completely understand that.
You and I see eye-to-eye on that other brand and it's fans, but that's their loss, not mine.

I'll likely be an early adopter of Theia, because:

1. I've been squirreling away money for it since it's announcement.

2. I believe they are launching it right.

If they do what they say, and allow reviewers to comment on it before sales open, that's more than any detector company has ever done. That shows me they have supreme confidence in the retoric they are spouting. The only thing that would cause me hesitation is those early reviews saying things like, "I see the potential in Theia, but right now..."

That would cause me to pause, because we've been down that road before with Stinger, and the MAX Ci remote install unit.

All that being said, if Radenso doesn't have a presence in online stores like Amazon, box retail stores like Best Buy, and a big advertising budget to get the word out, it'll take them time to really start to get noticed by mainstream buyers, and I feel like they are still going to have a bit of a job convincing Joe Shmoe to lay down that kind of scratch for a detector.

More than likely, Theia will make a big splash with reviewers and enthusiasts and gain them some name recognition. And their more affordable follow up options will start to wrestle away market share from the other companies.

Randy at Radenso

beyond radar.
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Manufacturer
Reaction score
Let’s face it... there are no good reviewers except Ariel. Even then you can’t rely on all reviewers. It doesn’t matter what anyone says or does, as long as we build the best radar detector... it will speak for itself and sell. That is the plan.

Jon at Radenso

Manufacturer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Manufacturer
Reaction score
Let’s face it... there are no good reviewers except Ariel. Even then you can’t rely on all reviewers. It doesn’t matter what anyone says or does, as long as we build the best radar detector... it will speak for itself and sell. That is the plan.

I agree with your sentiment but will clarify just because I know people will be nitpicky - you were referring to widely known public reviewers. There are plenty of good reviewers here on the forum, but not any that have the combination of public reach and quality that Ariel does. For example, I trust stuff from the TXCTG group just as much as Ariel, but they don't have the social media channels that he does.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deathkillex