Suwanee GA - GSP in SUV running KA on Satellite Blvd

JohnBoy

Wabbit Hunter
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Picked up Ka on my ALP coming up Woodward Mill in Suwanee. Piqued my interest so I went hunting. Found a GA State Trooper rolling up and down Satellite Blvd between Sawmill Road and Woodward Mill road in an SUV with CO Ka front/rear (picked up 2 freq). He was clocking opposite rolling traffic, then cutting over the median to snag his victim. Easy pickings on that road. He wrote 3 tickets in around 20 minutes. I've seen GSP and Gwinnett Motor cops run laser on this stretch 100 times. The rolling CO is a new tactic here. The SUV blends right in with the oncoming traffic. They just built a new GSP station a mile from here. My guess is that we will see them here frequently.

The crazy thing is that this is a 4 lane median divided road with a PSL of only 45mph :thumbsdown:. Should be 55 at a minimum.

Sorry, no dash cam video.

Here is the stretch of road (map link) for those of you who are interested.
1598713419805.png
1598713642370.png

nicholat

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Yes they are in that location a lot. Also see them several time a week on sugarloaf pkwy near alcovy rd

thetrader

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up-that is a great stretch of road for driving. Hate to hear that they have rolled out radar.

RadarNinja

Learning to Stealth this Flash
Beginner User
Reaction score
In Georgia for 4-lane divided highways the statutory speed limit is 65 MPH. Of course, this is not a highway, but it's a glaring example of speed limits set just to generate revenue.

R4D4RUS3R

RADARUSER
Premium Plus
Advanced User
Reaction score
Never been there but that looks like a difficult road to hold to 45. We have one similar and its 30, nothing around just open space they plan to make into house lots but already they have it marked as if people are running into the streets. Also, just from that one picture, it looks like a fantastic place to drive. The scenery in GA is great.

Phantom Z3

The new kid on the block...
Advanced User
Reaction score
I've seen them all up and down Satellite Boulevard all the way to Duluth, maybe even further.

Doesn't help that there's an industrial section that street drift/stunt shows used to use on Satellite.

thetrader

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Picked up Ka on my ALP coming up Woodward Mill in Suwanee. Piqued my interest so I went hunting. Found a GA State Trooper rolling up and down Satellite Blvd between Sawmill Road and Woodward Mill road in an SUV with CO Ka front/rear (picked up 2 freq). He was clocking opposite rolling traffic, then cutting over the median to snag his victim. Easy pickings on that road. He wrote 3 tickets in around 20 minutes. I've seen GSP and Gwinnett Motor cops run laser on this stretch 100 times. The rolling CO is a new tactic here. The SUV blends right in with the oncoming traffic. They just built a new GSP station a mile from here. My guess is that we will see them here frequently.

The crazy thing is that this is a 4 lane median divided road with a PSL of only 45mph :thumbsdown:. Should be 55 at a minimum.

Sorry, no dash cam video.

Here is the stretch of road (map link) for those of you who are interested.
View attachment 158047 View attachment 158048
Yeah we picked off Gwinnett twice in the same night running laser(wife's car believe it was a Dragon).
Post automatically merged:

Never been there but that looks like a difficult road to hold to 45. We have one similar and its 30, nothing around just open space they plan to make into house lots but already they have it marked as if people are running into the streets. Also, just from that one picture, it looks like a fantastic place to drive. The scenery in GA is great.
All of Sattelite through there is a good drive got to watch for deer though.

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
When are they there? Maybe I'll drive back and forth to test my system.

benzr

Been there done that !! Original V1 user !!
Advanced User
Reaction score
4 WORDS ---/////

DON'T POKE THE BEAR

Benzr
Post automatically merged:

Are you trying to get yours and our/your Toys and "SPORT" PERMANENTLY removed ??

Please refrain from such silly actions. We ALL beg you. 😳😳🧐🧐

Benzr

Last edited:

ARkaband

War Eagle
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
It’s totally fine to drive by once with your system set to receive only (no jamming) and you doing the PSL, either for fun or to see what sort of guns they’re using. Please do not intentionally jam them if you don’t need to, and don’t drive back and forth 4 times and make yourself look suspicious. Think of your laser jammers like a bulletproof vest, they are there for your protection when you absolutely need it, but you don’t go walking around intentionally getting shot to test your bulletproof vest.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaycik112