V1G2/SAVY INCONSISTENT

oldvalentineguy

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Long time V1 user here. I am very impressed with the G2's performance however Im having 2 issues that I can't find any info on your thread about. I was hoping maybe Vortex might have the inside scoop? Issue#1: Savy was nearly flawless with V1. Not so much with V2. I like to leave mine on Auto. Often times it will need to be reset several times a day as it will quit muting on its own. I spoke with VR about a month ago. They said they were aware of it and there was currently no fix. I might pay $69 for a simple onboard Auto Mute option via firmware at this point lol. Issue #2: I can't seem to adjust the mute volume during an actual alert. I, like many miss the knobs(s), but the new setup works great if I could easily adjust muted volume during an alert. I should add that I prefer to just use the app for firmware updates and programming changes. I'm old school and usually just run the detector standalone through SAVY and a concealed display unit. Thanks to anyone experiencing similar issues. Any info is greatly appreciated.

oldvalentineguy

Vortex

Making Videos
Observer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
When you say Savvy, are you referring to the physical OBD II Savvy or the V1connection app's eSavvy feature? It sounds like you mean physical Savvy, but how do you reset it exactly?

I haven't tried Savvy with the V1 Gen2.

oldvalentineguy

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Yes. It is a physical Savy unit.
Post automatically merged:

To reset I just unplug/plug in savy at port itself.

Bloovy One

"Today didn't have to end in eels"
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Huh. I hadn't heard about these issues.
I have no reason to say this other than speculation;
Maybe the current ESP isn't really good at falling back into the previous version for older accessories.
The older accessories seem to be getting phased out in a way with the newer Gen2 built-in and app based features.

I'll have to try the mute volume change thing when I get back home.

oldvalentineguy

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I have the same suspicions on the new/old ESP communication. Thanks for your thoughts. Curious what you find in the muted volume thing:)

Vortex

Making Videos
Observer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Huh. I hadn't heard about these issues.
I have no reason to say this other than speculation;
Maybe the current ESP isn't really good at falling back into the previous version for older accessories.
The older accessories seem to be getting phased out in a way with the newer Gen2 built-in and app based features.

I'll have to try the mute volume change thing when I get back home.

Were there older version of Savvy the way there were older pre-ESP versions of the CD?

3kushn

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I'm set up like the OP and experiencing a little quirkiness. Nothing major. For instance the Bluetooth indicator on the Gen 2 sometimes comes on and sometimes not using JBV1. I thought it might be my Gen1 Conceal Display since I had issues with V1Gen1 that were solved by disconnecting it. With V1Gen2 and this CD sometimes the V1 display would come on and sometimes not. That led me to think there could be other unnoticed things so again took the CD out of the picture.

I haven't seen any discussion about whether we still need the SAVVY OBDll at all and what about the BT Dongle. Is there any reason for these with Gen2?

milkman

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum

Bloovy One

"Today didn't have to end in eels"
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Were there older version of Savvy the way there were older pre-ESP versions of the CD?

I don't know. I've never used one (I hardwire my detectors) and I can't remember if they existed before 2012 or not. :)
I'm suggesting that the existing Savvy device might be running on ESP v2.x while the Gen2 is now on ESP v3.x.

oldvalentineguy

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I don't know. I've never used one (I hardwire my detectors) and I can't remember if they existed before 2012 or not. :)
I'm suggesting that the existing Savvy device might be running on ESP v2.x while the Gen2 is now on ESP v3.x.
I’m not sure. I have one that’s a few years old and I have a new one thinking there might be a difference. Both have the same glitch. It’s hardwired into the SAVY as a power scourge. I also have a ESP CD that has similar glitches to 3kushn when running with G2. I suspect the new CD will fix that. Hoping for a firmware update that will fix the issue. I’m fairly convinced it’s an old/new ESP communication issue. Anybody have any idea when a new firmware update is coming? Thanks for the feedback everyone.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahmednofal