Info Photo Radar Info (MultaRadar, Gatso, Mesta Fusion, Redflex, etc.)

factoryguy

chasing rabbits
Premium Plus
Beginner User
Reaction score
Several Poliscan Lasers in Frederick MD have been replaced by similar sized boxes but they no longer emit a signal detectable to my RD (which includes MRCD). I ended up having to communicate with the local PD and they just identified them as "Jenoptik Auto Patrol" Units certified by the FCC (not FDA . . . laser). Below is a photo of these new cameras replacing Poliscans along with some additional operational info below the photo:

View attachment 160068 View attachment 160069

I guess the good news, if any, in many of these systems is that are fixed and can be tagged by location even if we can detect some of them.

doubledge

PSL?
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I guess the good news, if any, in many of these systems is that are fixed and can be tagged by location even if we can detect some of them.
For sure if they are stationary where you are. Here in MD we are lucky in that regard I guess. I get the feeling this system is just the next evolution and it will crop up in mobile units as well.
Post automatically merged:

Several Poliscan Lasers in Frederick MD have been replaced by similar sized boxes but they no longer emit a signal detectable to my RD (which includes MRCD). I ended up having to communicate with the local PD and they just identified them as "Jenoptik Auto Patrol" Units certified by the FCC (not FDA . . . laser). Below is a photo of these new cameras replacing Poliscans along with some additional operational info below the photo:

View attachment 160068 View attachment 160069

Those housings are nearly identical to what I see in Baltimore City and County, except they seem to still be MRCD/T. I wonder if they all have a contract with Jenoptik and are just getting updated over time.

Screen Shot 2020-09-23 at 4.06.09 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2020-09-23 at 4.06.46 PM.jpg

Last edited:

poolmon

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
For sure if they are stationary where you are. Here in MD we are lucky in that regard I guess. I get the feeling this system is just the next evolution and it will crop up in mobile units as well.

Those housings are nearly identical to what I see in Baltimore City and County, except they seem to still be MRCD/T. I wonder if they all have a contract with Jenoptik and are just getting updated over time.
The cabinets/housings look generic and have no markings on the outside. You cannot see inside them except for the flash as I tried to do so. I had to contact the city police department who were in touch with the city contracts administration office to identify the contractor and the actual make & model unit inside the cabinet. I picked up no K, MRCD or laser emissions from these newer units.

asleeper

Advanced User
Reaction score
The cabinets/housings look generic and have no markings on the outside. You cannot see inside them except for the flash as I tried to do so. I had to contact the city police department who were in touch with the city contracts administration office to identify the contractor and the actual make & model unit inside the cabinet. I picked up no K, MRCD or laser emissions from these newer units.
You mentioned earlier it was made by Jenoptik. It's possible it's an SR520 which uses induction loops in the road to measure speed. Looks like the unit itself can be moved from housing to housing. It does look similar too.

Last edited:

factoryguy

chasing rabbits
Premium Plus
Beginner User
Reaction score

View attachment 160092 View attachment 160093

Are these tagged in VVaze?

I'm feeling pretty lucky to live in PA these days....

asleeper

Advanced User
Reaction score
Add Ecuador to the list of places using MRCD's.
WhatsApp-Image-2020-07-09-at-12.55.43.jpeg

ARkaband

War Eagle
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score

poolmon

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Here is a photo of new camera triggering device that was just installed this week at an intersection in MD that already had a combined RLC/Speed Camera set-up. It looks like a patch/array antenna plus some additional lane specific sensors . There is also a speaker-like device on top. The bottom photo shows the whole set-up. Can anyone identify these new sensors (no signal detected by RD)?

Close Up.JPG
Full View.JPG

Shoe08057

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score

It's a stupid series for idiotic folks like myself.

Here is a photo of new camera triggering device that was just installed this week at an intersection in MD that already had a combined RLC/Speed Camera set-up. It looks like a patch/array antenna plus some additional lane specific sensors . There is also a speaker-like device on top. The bottom photo shows the whole set-up. Can anyone identify these new sensors (no signal detected by RD)?

View attachment 165217 View attachment 165218
Appears to be an ANPR camera array. Looks like they're capturing every license plate passing through the intersection. Very Orwellian.

BMW4FUN

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
URL unfurl="true"]https://www.cp24.com/mobile/news/more-than-22-000-tickets-issued-by-automatic-speed-cameras-during-first-month-of-operation-including-a-dozen-to-one-driver-1.5096201[/URL]

Add Toronto to the survey.
Can anyone ID systems used there?
This article shows a Redflex.
Yes @DC Fluid, we have these Redflex stationary cameras which run on low power K Band 24.091,
They are set up in school zones and community safety zones.
I'm hoping Theia will be able to give us good warning, as at the moment with my Redline O, it only detects it after I pass it. I realize my RL is old, so can't expect too much from it. The cameras are angled shooting across the road, so not much range available. One good thing is that they are marked by signage.

OldtimeRadar

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
From my experience there is a lot going on here. Looks like:
1. Web/IP cam centered, near the top of the pole.
2. Two "steerable" cameras (and/or lidar units) with what looks like visible "Xenon" flash - on the right side of the pole. (Note: probably dual Visible/IR camera units).
3. Three steerable cameras with the motor/drive unit on top - lower down on the pole (license plate readers?)
4. What looks like an IR illuminator (but could be phased array radar - the cooling fins tell me high power LEDs are more likely, since low power radar wouldn't need cooling)
5. Control box on left hand side with cellular or WIFI antenna
(and a really poor cable install that will get ripped down in the first ice storm - LOL).

Last edited:

poolmon

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
From my experience there is a lot going on here. Looks like:
1. Web/IP cam centered, near the top of the pole.
2. Two "steerable" cameras (and/or lidar units) with what looks like visible "Xenon" flash - on the right side of the pole. (Note: probably dual Visible/IR camera units).
3. Three steerable cameras with the motor/drive unit on top - lower down on the pole (license plate readers?)
4. What looks like an IR illuminator (but could be phased array radar - the cooling fins tell me high power LEDs are more likely, since low power radar wouldn't need cooling)
5. Control box on left hand side with cellular or WIFI antenna
(and a really poor cable install that will get ripped down in the first ice storm - LOL).
Interesting analysis.
I had not thought of three steerable cameras with the steering motor on top of them, but that is what they actually appear to be now that you mention it.

Jon at Radenso

Manufacturer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Manufacturer
Reaction score
The actual speed cameras are Xerox for sure. No clue what the more modern looking ones are.

OldtimeRadar

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Interesting analysis.
I had not thought of three steerable cameras with the steering motor on top of them, but that is what they actually appear to be now that you mention it.
It looks like each one of the bottom 3 is intended for a particular lane or ramp. I am not sure of the actual speed sensing method. Maybe inductive loops in the pavement, or maybe just plain license plate readers.

poolmon

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
It looks like each one of the bottom 3 is intended for a particular lane or ramp. I am not sure of the actual speed sensing method. Maybe inductive loops in the pavement, or maybe just plain license plate readers.
The cameras are as complex as the intersection they cover. It is only one of the numerous camera set-ups there which measures both speed and RL violations (and possibly plate readers). That is a lot of lanes to cover.

lanes.JPG

Last edited:

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MilSpec