mobile speedcam got me....

At0mic9

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Its true that they dont have the same brand visibility of the others, but *if* they do produce a ground breaking product, that smashes all of the competition, and testing backs that up, then the product will sell itself.
All of the big names you mentioned started off small, did their research and made successful products that by and large worked well, and then refined and matured there products. If Redenso have done there research and development correctly and they deliver a truly superior product than the competition, then i take my hat off to them! we as consumers win by having more choices...

LouG

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I guess we'll have to agree to disagree whether a $US1000 plus detector will be a big seller. That'll be over $1600 dollars landed here if you dodge GST. $2300 plus via an importer.
And our only threat is K band speed cams, no mobile K. So that's it's main theoretical advantage gone.
It would have to have phenominal range on Ka to attract buyers. But I doubt it'll be much better than the Gen2 or R7, according to some people with vastly more knowledge of detector design than Jon shows in his replies.
Hopefully we'll see, but I doubt it'll be in 2020.

drtoddw

Always driving at a safe and prudent speed
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Don't they give you any leeway? The amount that you exceeded the speed limit here wouldn't normally get a second look. I'm so glad we don't have camera speed enforcement nor red-light cameras here in Michigan.
Post automatically merged:

At0mic9

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Don't they give you any leeway? The amount that you exceeded the speed limit here wouldn't normally get a second look. I'm so glad we don't have camera speed enforcement nor red-light cameras here in Michigan.
Post automatically merged:
not much, we only get a 4kmh grace over the PSL, i was doing 63Kmh in a 50Kmh zone, so got ticketed. yeah the speed camera's are just a revenue gathering tool, and a real nuisance because Redflex use very low powered K band, which makes it hard to detect. how much tolerance over the limit do they let you folks away with?

R4D4RUS3R

RADARUSER
Premium Plus
Advanced User
Reaction score
not much, we only get a 4kmh grace over the PSL, i was doing 63Kmh in a 50Kmh zone, so got ticketed. yeah the speed camera's are just a revenue gathering tool, and a real nuisance because Redflex use very low powered K band, which makes it hard to detect. how much tolerance over the limit do they let you folks away with?
It varies by many factors. Smaller towns are generally less forgiving than larger ones because of the revenue and interstates are more forgiving than smaller roads. Its also related to speed limit posted. I find 10% over on average outside of the towns that are known for being hyper is ok, as a general rule. Its dependent too on the kind of day the officer is having when you pass them. Camera system are simple, if you exceed the threshold for the camera it will generate a ticket, less flexibility than a human making the decision. I am not aware of any cameras around here that will send you a ticket other than red light cameras. If you run the light you get a $50 ticket in the mail. No points, just a fee. They are clearly marked so you normally dont miss them but when you do they include a nice photo of you and a video so you can see the proof. Ouch.

Last edited:

Zoya11

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Turn youre R3 sideways is suppose to increase range pick up

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members