Colorado Remix

Gunbjorn

Incognito
Beginner User
Reaction score
I hope I am not angering anyone by starting a new CO thread, but I read somewhere that bumping old(er) threads is a no go so hopefully this is alright.

There are a few questions I have for anyone here familiar with CSP tactics/methods of business.

- I have yet to see/witness a cruiser (Charger) using radar of any sort, regardless of seeing many traffic stops.
- I have only once seen a CSP Trooper using Lidar, however, I am sure they use it often.
- I witness CSP Chargers sitting on the shoulder and at the tops of on ramps all the time, but get no indication they are running radar.
- The only CSP units I have ever witnessed using any type of radar is the Moto units, 34.7GHz. They are very good and very sneaky.

This leads me to the conclusion that either CSP Troopers are only running presence patrols or their use of radar is incredibly discriminate as to not alert other RD users. Perhaps they rely on other infractions for their stops. Does anyone have any thoughts or input on this?

Stevedore

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Where are you driving in the state that you're not getting any radar from CSP units? Strange. CSP use 34.7 & 35.5 and it's almost always C/O. Like you stated, they're on the shoulder(s), haven't experienced much overpass stuff out here, but just last week a CSP cruiser entered Southbound I-25 just in front of me near Longmont running rolling 34.7 He was a few cars ahead of me and I followed him for almost 8 miles before he finally pulled over to help a stranded motorist; Gen 2 was on it the whole way. I've never picked up any LIDAR from CSP myself, only been shot with LIDAR by MOTO units in cities, these MOTO units will use 35.5 as well, Westminster.

LegaZ88Z

Learning to Fly
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Beginner User
Reaction score
Down here in the Sw corner CSP uses 34.7 and 35.5 depending on vehicle. Ive think even seen a moto cop using 33.8. Although, only twice so Im not sure. They like to use I/O down here but you will get C/O quite often as well. Not as much as the local Sheriff's though.

Gunbjorn

Incognito
Beginner User
Reaction score
Where are you driving in the state that you're not getting any radar from CSP units? Strange. CSP use 34.7 & 35.5 and it's almost always C/O. Like you stated, they're on the shoulder(s), haven't experienced much overpass stuff out here, but just last week a CSP cruiser entered Southbound I-25 just in front of me near Longmont running rolling 34.7 He was a few cars ahead of me and I followed him for almost 8 miles before he finally pulled over to help a stranded motorist; Gen 2 was on it the whole way. I've never picked up any LIDAR from CSP myself, only been shot with LIDAR by MOTO units in cities, these MOTO units will use 35.5 as well, Westminster.
CSP hardly uses C/O down here in the Castle Rock/CoSpgs/Pueblo area from what I have noticed. Today was the first time I got a C/O from a CSP unit but he was parked at a gas station filling up, then he turned it off before he left. It appears your experiences are very different from mine, which I find odd. The lack of standardization is peculiar, but not out of the ordinary I suppose.
Post automatically merged:

Down here in the Sw corner CSP uses 34.7 and 35.5 depending on vehicle. Ive think even seen a moto cop using 33.8. Although, only twice so Im not sure. They like to use I/O down here but you will get C/O quite often as well. Not as much as the local Sheriff's though.
Yeah the deputies here also run speed far more than troopers in these parts. I suppose the hell that is I-25 keeps them busy with collision investigations.

2018GTI

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
The RDFGS(old) says they do aircraft enforcement. That could explain troopers on the shoulder and off ramps--planes calling to chase cars.

And yes, sometimes they do just park--slows people down real fast.

As you get to know your R7, you will figure out if they use I/O.

Last edited:

Action123

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Old thread but this is interesting. I seem to have a totally different experience. Almost every hit I get on 287, especially between Longmont and Loveland is a CSP charger blasting Ka. Also worth noting that the I25 HOV north of Denver is a minefield for hidden CSP on bikes. Must be a different situation as you go further north in CO.

Lucky225

Advanced User
Reaction score
They definitely run lidar in DTC area on I25 and in the Denver metro cities, but yes it's mostly KA

johncookusa

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I travel to downtown Denver about 5 days of the week, it seems like under the bridges of Colfax on i25 is popular for Ka. I also run i76 every week or 2 to Neb and encounter state patrol 34.7 and 35. I have only seen silver patrol cars that will be on the shoulder taking radar. I usually drive that 85 and have not been pulled over going on a year and change.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pvivier777