BT Connect Issues

mswlogo

Software Developer
Advanced User
Premium Member
Software Developer
Reaction score
MeToo. :)

Not sure if this was caused by IOS update? Seems like it. I did not have issues running “18” firmware. On “19“ FW plus IOS update, started happening. This annoyingly repeatable enough, about ready to run one of my other brand detector. happens during lockout sequence, and running along quiet. If there is a way to log all this, would send off.
I loaned out my V1G2 to a friend and just ordered a 2nd one, but it's back ordered for a bit.
I have not had issues with iOS 13.7 with the V1G1.

R4D4RUS3R

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I've been having reconnection issues as well. I went into a store real quick and when I came back, V1Driver wasn't able to reconnect at all, or at least I think? The V1 BT light wouldn't turn on through V1Driver said it was connected. I tried power cycling the V1, manually disconnecting/reconnecting V1Driver, restarting V1Driver, etc. It worked right before I went in the store, but the V1 wouldn't reconnect afterwards. Very strange.
I’m sure this is not the case but do you use a BT LE? I have been playing with V1Driver and JBV1 running at the same time. V1Driver provides all of the control and muting, JBV1 is just showing me the freq plus everything else it does. V1Driver wanted to connect to the BTLE by default which will not activate the BT light on the V1. I turned that BT connection off and only offer V1Driver the detector itself. JBV1 is setup to look for the BTLE first. It normally works out since V1D is so fast to connect, by the time my Android device is starting up the app the connection to the detector is already taken. Anyhow, just putting it out there. Seems I read a while back you were working on dual or even triple connections for testing.

Vortex

Making Videos
Observer
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
I’m sure this is not the case but do you use a BT LE? I have been playing with V1Driver and JBV1 running at the same time. V1Driver provides all of the control and muting, JBV1 is just showing me the freq plus everything else it does. V1Driver wanted to connect to the BTLE by default which will not activate the BT light on the V1. I turned that BT connection off and only offer V1Driver the detector itself. JBV1 is setup to look for the BTLE first. It normally works out since V1D is so fast to connect, by the time my Android device is starting up the app the connection to the detector is already taken. Anyhow, just putting it out there. Seems I read a while back you were working on dual or even triple connections for testing.
Yeah I typically run a V1C LE as well. I don't remember if I had it in the car at the time (I'm taking it in and out currently for V1 CD / ReCD testing and videos), but it wasn't an issue with another phone preventing V1Driver from connecting. I've been playing with V1Driver a bit more here at home and it seems to be doing fine connecting again now.

BQuicksilver

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I joined to express the exact same issue as the others. V1G2, all access allowed, but still very late/intermittent connections. I may be 20min into the drive before it connects, or it may never connect.

V1Connection immediately and reliably connects. It is a V1Driver issue.

mswlogo

Software Developer
Advanced User
Premium Member
Software Developer
Reaction score
I joined to express the exact same issue as the others. V1G2, all access allowed, but still very late/intermittent connections. I may be 20min into the drive before it connects, or it may never connect.

V1Connection immediately and reliably connects. It is a V1Driver issue.
Do you have Connect on A2DP enabled under Bluetooth settings by chance?

BQuicksilver

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Auto-Run Bluetooth: On
Connect A2DP On: Off
Disconnect A2DP Off: Off

The only variable i can think of is this car (BMW M5) has the old BT V1 module hardwired in, but I now have the V1G2. I'll have a V1G2 in my Tesla MX soon, and would be happy to report if the issue goes away. At the bottom, both the old module and new V1 were "on".

mswlogo

Software Developer
Advanced User
Premium Member
Software Developer
Reaction score
Auto-Run Bluetooth: On
Connect A2DP On: Off
Disconnect A2DP Off: Off

The only variable i can think of is this car (BMW M5) has the old BT V1 module hardwired in, but I now have the V1G2. I'll have a V1G2 in my Tesla MX soon, and would be happy to report if the issue goes away. At the bottom, both the old module and new V1 were "on".
The two bluetooth devices may indeed be causing issues. You could experiment with telling V1Driver to not connect to one of them. Under bluetooth Settings, just turn the switch off on the one you don't want to connect to. Try it both ways, one might work better than the other.

I posted a thread on installing a V1G2 in a Tesla Model X. Awesome vehicle.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabby