HW1 & HW2 --> HW4 CPU Upgrade Pricing

BestRadarDetectors

Manufacturer
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Manufacturer
Reaction score

OBeerWANKenobi

This is not the car you're looking for......
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Discount prices on website have not yet changed back to the old prices yet. We brought in another 100 CPU's to extend this discount a little longer but we only have around 80 units left that qualify for the discount pricing.
For those of us that are on the borderline where we received the latest update but may or may not receive the next one, is there any way to easily tell besides by the date of mfg? I'm wondering if I should send mine in. I'd like to keep the HW2 though if it's still on the update schedule as I can install it in another car that doesn't need a Tx head so I don't need to install GPS as well.

BestRadarDetectors

Manufacturer
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Manufacturer
Reaction score
For those of us that are on the borderline where we received the latest update but may or may not receive the next one, is there any way to easily tell besides by the date of mfg? I'm wondering if I should send mine in. I'd like to keep the HW2 though if it's still on the update schedule as I can install it in another car that doesn't need a Tx head so I don't need to install GPS as well.
If you purchased it 4+ years ago I would suggest taking advantage of the offer. The offer requires you to send in the old HW2 units to get the discount pricing.

OBeerWANKenobi

Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
If you purchased it 4+ years ago I would suggest taking advantage of the offer. The offer requires you to send in the old HW2 units to get the discount pricing.
Understood. I just mean that I'd rather not upgrade at all if my HW2 unit is going to stay supported.

BestRadarDetectors

Manufacturer
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Manufacturer
Reaction score
Understood. I just mean that I'd rather not upgrade at all if my HW2 unit is going to stay supported.
If its 4+ years old it will not stay supported forever. If you want a HW4 without the upgrade they are available on the website new by itself for $329.95 vs $139.95 if you take the upgrade credit on a used HW2.

Z06fan

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
If its 4+ years old it will not stay supported forever. If you want a HW4 without the upgrade they are available on the website new by itself for $329.95 vs $139.95 if you take the upgrade credit on a used HW2.
Will the CPU need reprogrammed/new settings when switching them out, or will it just plug & play? My system has worked flawlessly since the original installation and needless to say, you're always a little worried about changing something when it already works extremely well.

OBeerWANKenobi

Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Will the CPU need reprogrammed/new settings when switching them out, or will it just plug & play? My system has worked flawlessly since the original installation and needless to say, you're always a little worried about changing something when it already works extremely well.
Assuming it's shipped with the latest FW, you'll need to put in the new CPU and go to the option to reset defaults and memorize sensors. After that you can make a new config and load that. Then you should be golden.

travis flatbar

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Discount prices on website have not yet changed back to the old prices yet. We brought in another 100 CPU's to extend this discount a little longer but we only have around 80 units left that qualify for the discount pricing.
Should we wait till the prices gets updated yet or just place the order over the phone?

Thanks.

BestRadarDetectors

Manufacturer
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Manufacturer
Reaction score
Should we wait till the prices gets updated yet or just place the order over the phone?

Thanks.
You want to wait until the price goes back to normal (Higher?) - The prices on the website are correct.

Vehicle 1

Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Assuming it's shipped with the latest FW, you'll need to put in the new CPU and go to the option to reset defaults and memorize sensors. After that you can make a new config and load that. Then you should be golden.
This is what I did and had no problems.

benzr

Been there done that !! Original V1 user !!
Advanced User
Reaction score
OMG .... omg .... OMG !!!!!!!!

Thanks TOM @BestRadarDetectors

KUDOS KUDOs KUDOs

NOW THAT MY FRIENDS IS AWEEEESOOOME
CUSTOMER SERVICE ... and BACKING THEIR
PRODUCT !!!!!!! 😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎
πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

CONGRATS !!!!!!!

CREDIT WHERE CREDIT IS DUE !!!!

Impressed :bravo: :bravo::woot::woot::rock: :rock:
UPDATE : MY CPUv4 has PERFORMED FLAWLESSLY ... since i got the sensor replaced.
Saved me multiple times... if i speed which i never do ( i did get up to 3 over once recently though admittedly), it has saved me COUNTLESS TIMES. WAY to go Tom !! And
@BestRadarDetectors !!

You're one of the "GOOD GUYS" of our "sport", our "Hobby". Thanks again for being there and
MOST IMPORTANTLY ... your personal supporting of your products. :slick:

It wasn't necessary, but it was CERTAINLY appreciated ny me and many many of our RDF FAMILY members. We're all just a tight-knit family afterall. πŸ˜ŽπŸ˜ŽπŸ˜ŽπŸ€“πŸ€“πŸ€“πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„

Benzr
Post automatically merged:

THIS ^^^^^^^^^^^^

Flawless, Seamless, and Quick πŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒ

Upgrade now from this One Time Generous offer is the suggested action here.

Tom is an Enthusiast here as well as the Good vendor he is. He did NOT have to do this.

Many of us here contribute/give of time/money
In the furtherance of our passion and our RDF Family and even its newer members. πŸ€“πŸ‘πŸ˜Ž

Benzr

Last edited:

Saussie

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Wish I could just cash the cpu in without the trade. Can't get one shipped to me. I'm either going to open the hw1 up for a look purely out of curiosity. Or just destroy it and bin it I think. Longer it's hung onto the more useless it gets pretty much. Not sure who's interested in buying these hw1's except BRD on the trade in ha!
It's kind of defeated the second hand market for them.
Small Window there to maybe sell it to someone for say... $100 for them to trade it in and save a few bucks on a new system. After the trade in ends though, it's fairly devalued the hw1.
Unless some bright spark taps into the app and comes up with a kind of aftermarket version maybe for net radar. That would be cool and a way to keep it alive.
Or guess I could mount it in the garage for distance measuring parking for cars that don't have an install already on it.
Or take it down to your local laser trap and sit on a park bench, drink a few beers with some fish and chips, and wire it to a small motorbike battery in your backpack or something, and just point it at the cop constantly. Or sit at the bus stop and act like your waiting and just face a head towards him for pure laughs. Make him think every car he's trying to shoot has alp fitted until he pulls his hair out, packs up and goes home thinking the gun is faulty. Stop him even getting a reading of zero mph off a sign post and really have him tripping out. Ha!

Last edited:

crimson96

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Not sure if this has been asked, but what about an upgrade path/discount for Australia?

Saussie

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Not sure if this has been asked, but what about an upgrade path/discount for Australia?
Hasn't been asked. So why not?
Think it's basically on your local dealer. This offer stands for USA only. Think Canada has its own version going.
Applies to where you bought it from. Not heard a thing about Australia except the option for a Tx head only came in this year I think. Have heard HW4 is available but not heard anyone on here getting one. Possible they have. Far as I know hw1 will still do the job, unless you're in Melbourne's neck of the woods, where hw2 for tx would be required.
Thats what I've read on here anyways...

Hyper

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Is there any specific way to tell if HW1 and HW2 or HW# will be printed on the box?

Thanks

BestRadarDetectors

Manufacturer
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Manufacturer
Reaction score
Is there any specific way to tell if HW1 and HW2 or HW# will be printed on the box?

Thanks
Pull a stats file and it will display your hardware version.

Sent from my SM-G988U1 using Tapatalk

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
i90don90