STI-R Plus antenna dead?

rlmesq

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Before I spend a whole day driving back & forth to my installer's, I'm hoping somebody can give me some guidance and insight.

It appears the antenna on my STI-R Plus has given up the ghost. I don't get any alerts and I don't get the band self-test when it powers on. I unplugged the front radar module and got the connection warning, so the connections seem okay. I've also done a factory reset.

Is there anything else I should try?

Z06fan

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
My suggestion would be to look for a used antenna to replace your current one. My STiR still works but I'm not getting anywhere near the distance that I got in the past. I always run another detector in combination with it and my windshield detectors now always alert before my STiR. It was never like that in the past. If I can find a used antenna at a decent price, I'll replace mine.

Last edited:

nighthawk

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
My suggestion would be to look for a used antenna to replace your current one. My STiR still works but I'm not getting anywhere near the distance that I got in the past. I always run another detector in combination with it and my windshield detectors now always alert before my STiR. It was never like that in the past. If I can find a used antenna at a decent price, I'll replace mine.
Good idea, the only big drawback of the STiR is just BSM's as I understand, correct me if I'm wrong.

wolfpacal

Advanced User
Reaction score
Good idea, the only big drawback of the STiR is just BSM's as I understand, correct me if I'm wrong.
Disregard, I sent my reply to the wrong person, sorry. Updated with offer to OP.
Post automatically merged:

Before I spend a whole day driving back & forth to my installer's, I'm hoping somebody can give me some guidance and insight.

It appears the antenna on my STI-R Plus has given up the ghost. I don't get any alerts and I don't get the band self-test when it powers on. I unplugged the front radar module and got the connection warning, so the connections seem okay. I've also done a factory reset.

Is there anything else I should try?
I've got an STi-R Plus antenna in good working order I can sell you if you want. PM me for details.

Last edited:

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hklevi