Hello, looking for advice on product selection for my car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

marc320

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
Just as the title indicates, I need some help from the gurus of this forum. I own an F80 M3, and would like to know what TMG system will work best for that car. I run with a Uniden R7 and not getting any false alerts from the hud display. But I live in a densily populated area where laser is constantly running.

When looking at the systems out there, I realized that TMG was really good about their customer support. We all spend money on our cars and its always nice seeing a manufacture stand behind their products. So looking at TMG webite, I'm not sure what I should be getting? Would anyone be willing to guide me on what I should be looking for? When searching the site, I didnt see an install for the F80. I'm pretty handy, so I cant imagine it will be too difficult to install.

Thanks
Marc

V1Jake

Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
What state are you in and what cities do you drive through? For an M3 you will need 2-3 sensors for the front

asleeper

Advanced User
Reaction score
MD is mostly Prolasers and Poliscans, especially in Montgomery. VA is almost all Prolasers, with a few DE's, mainly in Loudoun. DC is almost all automated enforcement, haven't seen much of anything recently.

By far and large, it's almost all Prolasers in MD and VA. Dual TMG's will provide more than enough protection aside from the Poliscans which can be tricky to jam due to head placement issues.

marc320

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Thanks all for reply’s.
How would I protect myself against the lpoliscans?

doubledge

PSL?
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I live in Maryland, but drive through our dmv area alot. So I would call it MD, DC, and VA.
Hello fellow MD’r! I know this drive well myself.
Post automatically merged:

MD is mostly Prolasers and Poliscans, especially in Montgomery. VA is almost all Prolasers, with a few DE's, mainly in Loudoun. DC is almost all automated enforcement, haven't seen much of anything recently.

By far and large, it's almost all Prolasers in MD and VA. Dual TMG's will provide more than enough protection aside from the Poliscans which can be tricky to jam due to head placement issues.
I can concur with all this. Though I have seen more DE in recent years north of baltimore and a bit going out to western MD with the State Police. Also going out to the shore you can find locals with DE. So I would recommend the VPR head as well. You might as well if your making the effort.

Last edited:

marc320

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
So I see some of you who are responding have other forms of Laser Jammers. I.E. ALP, what am I missing here? I know of a price difference, but based on the areas I’m driving through, will one perform better?

doubledge

PSL?
Intermediate User
Reaction score
They all have different levels of performance both in power / sensitivity and algorithms to handle different guns.

So yes, you do need to understand what you might face as well as being honest with yourself on how you drive if you’re looking to minimize your costs. If you are just going to put in the best system to handle anything then maybe you don’t need to fuss quite as much but you should always be aware of the limitations.
Post automatically merged:

There are a lot of threads on all the systems so I encourage you to dig in and read.

Last edited:

Spearscrue

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
So I see some of you who are responding have other forms of Laser Jammers. I.E. ALP, what am I missing here? I know of a price difference, but based on the areas I’m driving through, will one perform better?
I have a TMG VPR setup. 1 VPR Head and 2 Regular Heads, as far as I know I face every gun here in Michigan including the Dragon Eye. When I was shot with a Dragon Eye doing 100mph in a 70 and it saved me, at that point I can say I am satisfied with my TMG purchase plus @Jag42 has offered outstanding customer service.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

BaileyAB

Whats PSL? Autobahn bro, A.U.T.O.B.A.H.N.!!!!!
Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score

Spearscrue

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
If you will face Dragoneye in your area here s most up to date performance results list of a top 3 laser jammer systems and how they behave against most frequent laser guns out there.

PY004's Laser Jammer Firmware Validation Threads
And that is the cop that shot me doing 100mph in a 70. He sits there all the time, now I know to slow my roll as I'm going thru there. Huron Twp. Michigan I-275 N.B. just south of the Sibley Rd. Exit.

BaileyAB

Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
And that is the cop that shot me doing 100mph in a 70. He sits there all the time, now I know to slow my roll as I'm going thru there. Huron Twp. Michigan I-275 N.B. just south of the Sibley Rd. Exit.

You were extremely lucky because cop did not have updated firmware on his Dragoneye, otherwise it would be instant punch through and pull over conversation with the shooter according to Py004 firmware testing results.
Dont get to confident especially if you know he sits there all the time. You ll regret it because one day he ll sit there with updated FW, maybe even next week, you ll never know.

BaileyAB

Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
@BaileyAB Stay out of the TMG threads. You just cause trouble

Why are you trying to shut down legitimate sincere reply when I only point to a legitimate thread that's made public and it shows how different systems behave with certain guns. Stop harassing me just because I point out to deficiencies of product you represent and have financial interest. This forum should be independent. Results do matter!

Better to stay focused on getting those DET guns so you can record those nasty DET algos you are missing instead of going for an 5+ yrs advanced member just because he is been telling a "painful" truth since the beginning of TMG era.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
splash94me