Alabama increasing state troopers on highways

Disco47

Roll Tide
General User
Reaction score
It seems like I see more troopers on back roads than on interstates.

F15

No radar/lidar tickets, 25+ years
Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, that's not unusual in Alabama.
Upthread I reported police activity on various AL interstates, but that was the Labor Day weekend. I thought maybe so many worked overtime that they could not field a full crew yesterday.
I have three more runs on AL interstates and hope the same formula works for me.

Cannonf600

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Drove from Nashville to Orange beach on Thursday the 3rd. The V1G2 picked up several weak 34.660 shots then got hit with I/O shortly after crossing the state line into Alabama by AHP.
Couple hundred miles or so later got more 34.660 weak shots for 5 or more miles then spotted him just getting turned around in the mediam just in time to hit me with I/O. He was rolling in front of me clocking traffic in the opposite direction before settling into the middle.
Both times no CSR from JBV1/Waze. Got my first encounter with 33.8 on route 10,Foley beach express,180 and route 161...all were heavy patrolled.
Drove back on the 8th with very little action in Alabama or Tennessee on I65. Maintained 10-20 over the PSL and the V1 kept me protected both ways.

F15

Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Drove I-85 north from Montgomery up to SC state line. Two threats just outside Montgomery then nothing until the hits before and after Atlanta.

F15

Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
I left the Birmingham Marriott at 5 am this morning going nw past Memphis. There were reports on Waze, but all I saw were two sets of blazing lights on the opposite side of the road. It was too dark for me to tell what was going on. There were no radar alerts.
I might mention that the previous day I started in Greenville, SC before landing in Birmingham. All the way west on I-20 from ATL to Birmingham a new, sporty, black Porsche followed my every move. I have to admit that seemed like a compliment particularly when one considers how I ‘thread the needle’ between two semi’s that are virtually side by side. The driver rolled down his/her right window (I moved to far right lane) to express appreciation as we separated in the metro. In any event, there were Waze reports on that run and I did see maybe two troopers, but perhaps only one was actively running radar.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabby