Laser Jammer install Edmonton

jon450

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Howdy folks,

New to the site and the whole radar detector scene as a whole.
Recently I got my jammers installed on my motorcycle in Edmonton and i would to hear what you guys think of the install and quality.

thanks,
Jon

Attachments

doubledge

PSL?
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Looks good. Have you gotten tested yet?

doubledge

PSL?
Intermediate User
Reaction score
You definitely picked a great setup. Positioned correctly that bike will be invisible using the TX head.

It’s hard to tell from the pics but they do look like they need alignment. Straight and level which you can check yourself but you really should get tested to be sure.
Post automatically merged:

Maybe there was some compensation done for a person on the bike. Get yourself a digital level.

The RD antenna being hidden is not necessarily bad. Many people put them behind car bumpers. As long as its not behind any metal you should be good.

Last edited:

Smason

What is a PSL?
Advanced User
Reaction score
The bike looks wicked, but I'd recommend making sure your heads are leveled out.

Transporter

ModWight Transporter
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
In front of you but behind a Rabbit - Hot'Lanta,GA
Welcome to the RDF! Tons to read here as there is a great amount of useful information. Nice ride!

I can't tell from the pics, does the bike have a center stand and is it in it in the pictures (doesn't look like it but again not enough view). Next with how close the pics are taken and the curving of the body panels, who could we tell anything if it were level with no level floor point of reference in the pictures?

As to the RD being hidden, why not if you are going off alert sounds. If not you need to see the display. Being hidden does not hurt performance behind plastic or fiberglass body panel. All we care about is if metal is between the receiver antenna and the open road ahead. Of course if it has a rear antenna for arrows, forget that ever being accurate with frame parts and you in the way.

It looks like a clean install cosmetically. Just get the bike level and move back when looking straight on it to see if it is level IE need a point of reference without an actual level. If it looks level, then check it with a level. If it doesn't look level after leveling up the bike, then don't even bother with the level, get it close first. In my opinion having two bikes with LJs, they need to be level.

My Concours was easy as I put it on the center stand during the install. I had to use some different thicknesses of plywood to get my Intercepter level because it has been on the track so I had to remove the center stand and side stand with me only putting the side stand back on when not racing it. Sure I could just use the track stand while at home, but it is hell to gas up and then use the head while out street riding if ones riding buddy will not either sit on ones bike or hold it up while you take a kidney break due to no side stand! Also I keep my track stand over at my racing friend's house because he has room for all our track stuff plus has the toy hauler.

Gatortotz

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Definitely get them levelled out while you're sitting on the bike (or your best bud), also confirm toe isn't out on them either.
There's plenty of people to test with down in Calgary when you're ready. Where's the control pad and CPU Mounted?

jon450

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies guys, it puts my mind to ease to know that this community helps each other out.

The install was done with both front and rear stands (provided to the shop) but i know for a fact that the bike wasnt moved at all and the ground wasnt level....

Also, what is the minimum distance required between sensors?

On a side note, the rear sensors are mounted on plastic brackets that easily move when pressing on them meaning that while driving they will shake uncontrollably. Will this affect performance?

Welcome.

You just got jammers? Driving in Edmonton you should be born with them!
I live in fort mac. I was told they dont jam radar though, only laser. Is this correct? Because i almost got snapped yesterday (got away with a warning)

Gatortotz

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
The published number is 8" but I think @System said 3-4" should be fine. Also the rules probably change on a motorcycle.
You might want to try and brace those plastic brackets with some cross structure because that could definitely impact performance (if it's vibrations are actually causing a significant deflection).

Get everything levelled and straight and tested and you'll know for sure if it works or not.. every install seems to be different.

Buy a radar detector as well, they get more day to day use. I think @DC Fluid has his R7 on a RAM mount or something. An R1 or R3 or Radenso RCM would be great on a bike due to the smaller form factor.

jon450

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
The published number is 8" but I think @System said 3-4" should be fine. Also the rules probably change on a motorcycle.
You might want to try and brace those plastic brackets with some cross structure because that could definitely impact performance (if it's vibrations are actually causing a significant deflection).

Get everything levelled and straight and tested and you'll know for sure if it works or not.. every install seems to be different.

Buy a radar detector as well, they get more day to day use. I think @DC Fluid has his R7 on a RAM mount or something. An R1 or R3 or Radenso RCM would be great on a bike due to the smaller form factor.
The kit came with a laser tester but im not sure how good it is. Where could one purchase something a little better if the 50$ tester isnt enough?

I forgot to mention it but i do have a detector (no picture sorry) its behind the fairing above the headlight.

The radar detector is a radenso that came with my kit. All of it is hooked up to a Bluetooth module.

Gatortotz

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Those keychain testers (I have one as well) basically just confirm the heads are seeing a signal.
You need someone with a lidar gun to confirm that yes, your "parking sensors" are working properly.
Most guns in AB are fairly middle/low tier (PL3/4, TruspeedS, Truspeed, DALA, Laser Atlanta), but the best gun to test against is a legit dragoneye as they are used in some areas. I personally own a PL3 and it's a great gun but not hard to beat.

And also make sure you slow down and disarm them in a timely fashion to allow the party interested in obtaining a speed, to actually obtain a speed.

You can buy some lidars on ebay fairly easily but most "bad" installs can beat them, whereas they may not be able to beat a DE, and there's not many floating around up here so you gotta know a guy who knows a guy ;)

jon450

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Those keychain testers (I have one as well) basically just confirm the heads are seeing a signal.
You need someone with a lidar gun to confirm that yes, your "parking sensors" are working properly.
Most guns in AB are fairly middle/low tier (PL3/4, TruspeedS, Truspeed, DALA, Laser Atlanta), but the best gun to test against is a legit dragoneye as they are used in some areas. I personally own a PL3 and it's a great gun but not hard to beat.

And also make sure you slow down and disarm them in a timely fashion to allow the party interested in obtaining a speed, to actually obtain a speed.

You can buy some lidars on ebay fairly easily but most "bad" installs can beat them, whereas they may not be able to beat a DE, and there's not many floating around up here so you gotta know a guy who knows a guy ;)
Well, i know you haha. How much did you pay for that gun btw?

Gatortotz

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Well, i know you haha. How much did you pay for that gun btw?
I got mine for a steal because it had no battery/charger. Just the gun. I think I paid $240 USD + another $70 CAD for a Tenergy Battery pack and a NiMH charger (airsoft 9.6V battery stuff), and some wiring to make it all work.
They're usually in the $3-500 range but honestly, PL3 is not the best thing for testing. An ultralyte is about as easy as a PL3 but they're typically cheaper.

milkman

Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum

jon450

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I got mine for a steal because it had no battery/charger. Just the gun. I think I paid $240 USD + another $70 CAD for a Tenergy Battery pack and a NiMH charger (airsoft 9.6V battery stuff), and some wiring to make it all work.
They're usually in the $3-500 range but honestly, PL3 is not the best thing for testing. An ultralyte is about as easy as a PL3 but they're typically cheaper.
What would be the best in your opinion?

InDecay

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Intermediate User
Reaction score
What would be the best in your opinion?
Keep your eyes peeled on the classified section of this page or eBay. Seems like LTI is the cheapest option to do simple validation of an install. I picked up my 20/20 Marksman for $75 on eBay and even that was good enough to find some weak spots on my car setup.

InDecay

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Intermediate User
Reaction score
BTW, is it a Streetfighter? Having a hard time identifying the model just based off the headlight.

BaileyAB

Whats PSL? Autobahn bro, A.U.T.O.B.A.H.N.!!!!!
Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Make sure RX and especially TX is straight down the road. TX preferably 2-3 degrees pointing upwards.
Let me know if you want to meet for a quick test.
Send me a DM and we ll make it happen.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
grock