TMG CPU - No response when being hit.

jazzie366

PSL +5
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Greetings! It's been awhile since I've posted. A lot has changed, I don't drive a VW anymore, I've moved to a Chevy and gotta say, I love the comfort of american cars but an Audi is in my future.

Anyways, to the meat a potatoes: I got out of my car today and decided to do my daily CPU test, and lo and behold, nothing! Using a little laser tester I bought from TMG, and it's just simply doing nothing EXCEPT; every so often, when I hit the button to activate the system, I get a small chirp from the CPU as if it's going to activate, but doesn't do any alarm at all. Not blowing it's fuse, and it hasn't gone off whilst passing my usual LEOs on the highway which is what made me suspicious something was up. So, what should I do? I was thinking of checking the wiring to the heads but the chirp has me thinking it's something else. I will however test the wiring for breaks tomorrow. If anyone has had any similar issues, let me know, thanks!

P.S. How are you all today?

Last edited:

Spearscrue

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I had some water get into the barrel connectors where the heads plug into the cables, I pulled them apart and noticed all the terminals inside were green with corrosion, that caused my unit to act very similar to yours.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

jazzie366

PSL +5
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I had some water get into the barrel connectors where the heads plug into the cables, I pulled them apart and noticed all the terminals inside were green with corrosion, that caused my unit to act very similar to yours.

Going to check this now.

jazzie366

PSL +5
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Intermediate User
Reaction score

Update: No corrosion in sight, nice and clean inside. Still doing same thing. Tried wiggling wires whilst doing a the test to no avail.

Kennyc56

Ford Lover-I/O hater!
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Are you sure your tester is fully charged and working? Can you try shooting one of your detectors just for the hell of it?

6thgear

PSL +5
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Welcome back!
If you connect via BT, and use one of the Apps (Jon Boy’s app’s name is eluding me ATM), can you see if the system is alerting? I don’t recall if the TMG app itself displays alerts, or just allows adjustments of settings/FW. My thinking is maybe its just an internal speaker issue?

benzr

Been there done that !! Original V1 user !!
Advanced User
Reaction score
@jazzie366 Can you send me a video, or post one up?
Agreed please post a video 👍👍

It will help us to diagnose.

Sounds like you might have turned on a
Mute ?? ... or app mute ?? Or spkr issue ??

Try TMG Remote App or JBV1 set to vottex's defaults.

And Please keep us abreast of your findings.

TOGETHER. we'll get this puppy "sussed" out

🤓🤓🤓🤓🤓🤔🤔🤔🤓

Benzr

The Pope

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Have you reached out to someone who has a LIDAR or some other piece of equipment in your local area to assist you with testing?

mrdead72

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Unplug a sensor one at a time and try each one on there own , mayb a bad sensor , if one fails all will not work , i was saying this in development days they need to be paralleled and not in series , this would have stopped all from being out if one fails !! But noone listens !!

Bloovy One

"Today didn't have to end in eels"
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Unplug all sensors and the CPU still should make a start-up announcement. Start from there.

mrdead72

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
id bet u got a bad sensor and it seems that nonone is willing to tell you that !! Haha very sad

Bloovy One

"Today didn't have to end in eels"
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
id bet u got a bad sensor and it seems that nonone is willing to tell you that !! Haha very sad

Too soon to determine that. I'm trying to see if it makes noise at all. If it does, he can then plug in 1 sensor at a time versus unplugging 1 sensor at a time. My way, if it's the CPU we know, if it's one sensor; we know, if it's two sensors; we know, etc.

A person could unplug 1 sensor each x 4 (or 6) and never realize it's two sensors that are at fault, etc.

Last edited:

jazzie366

PSL +5
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Intermediate User
Reaction score
@jazzie366 Can you send me a video, or post one up?
Too soon to determine that. I'm trying to see if it makes noise at all. If it does, he can then plug in 1 sensor at a time versus unplugging 1 sensor at a time. My way, if it's the CPU we know, if it's one sensor; we know, if it's two sensors; we know, etc.

A person could unplug 1 sensor each x 4 (or 6) and never realize it's two sensors that are at fault, etc.
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET
I'm back brotato chip.
Anyways, I figured it out! Black wire coming off of the connecter going into the CPU has no continuity out to the heads, not sure what happened, as it was working good the other day! Ordering another cable now.

Edit: DAMNIT they're out of 14.5 foot splitter cables :C.
Welp, there's no time like the present to upgrade to VPR while buying a new A5. How much is the core return amount?

Last edited:

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jln