First long distance trip cross 4 States with RL360C..... Joys with some questions

Darkmann

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Sorry, I should have tried to get everything in context. I'd say at least 1.5 miles if it's a straight, flat highway. Start throwing in curves, hills, vegetation, etc., and as you mention, 1.5 miles certainly isn't guaranteed.
Correct. I am going on a 8hr round trip to NYC tomorrow. Hopefully I’ll get a chance to gage range some more. My first RL360c outing was last Friday after I’d just received the RD. Picked up Ka on a short straightaway on 4-lane highway. Marked my odometer reading. Then Ka stopped for, maybe 300 feet as I was coming around a very slow left hand corner. Ka came back on as I straightened out. I could see LEO had stopped someone ahead, on my side of the road. When I passed LEO, my odometer math was showing almost 4 miles from initial Ka. I think that it could have been more like 3 miles, given my crude method. I that is they type of range the RL360c is capable of, that’s pretty darn good. My iXc consistently clocks 1.3 miles on one my popular straightaways to work, without obstacles. Brainstorm69, when are you posting your test results?

Last edited:

VariableWave

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Correct. I am going on a 8hr round trip to NYC tomorrow. Hopefully I’ll get a chance to gage range some more. My first RL360c outing was last Friday after I’d just received the RD. Picked up Ka on a short straightaway on 4-lane highway. Marked my odometer reading. Then Ka stopped for, maybe 300 feet as I was coming around a very slow left hand corner. Ka came back on as I straightened out. I could see LEO had stopped someone ahead, on my side of the road. When I passed LEO, my odometer math was showing almost 4 miles from initial Ka. I think that it could have been more like 3 miles, given my crude method. I that is they type of range the RL360c is capable of, that’s pretty darn good. My iXc consistently clocks 1.3 miles on one my popular straightaways to work, without obstacles. Brainstorm69, when are you posting your test results?

Hopefully I will cross paths and borrow that R360c from you... heading to Hudson, NY myself tomorrow.

HZ360C

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Made my 450 miles return trip today, same route in reverse order. Spotted few MD troopers and RL360c gave way advanced alerts. Again, no BSMs, that is GREAT! At PA Turnpike entrance (from I-70W to I-76W), right before the toll both, there was a short false laser alert, which happened same with R7 in the past. I guess there must some devices at the area.

With that, plus the NJ turnpike experiences (posted in another thread), I feel pretty comfortable to use RL360c with current settings for most of my travel needs. RL360c is definitely a winner!

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kidnapper49