Teaching JBV1 about false alerts?

Beemerchef

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
So I knew it and now I don't... Can't find it.
I know there is a way to teach the V1G2~JBV1 combination to not alarm the daily false K bands and even one Ka which I still have no clue where it is coming from within a mile radius of my house.

I have printed this by the way and for now a sticky note in the car as my memory with age has faded considerably.

Police K 24.125
K 24.15

MPH Ka 33.8
Stalker Ka 34.7
Decatur Ka 35.5

Hope this makes sense!!!

Bloovy One

135,000+ miles with JBV1!
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Before I get to what you are asking about lockouts, I'd like to correct something that might be crucial.
You might find Police K anywhere from 24.090 to 24.210. Don't limit your understanding to 24.125 or 24.150 only. The specification is 24.050 to 24.250 and anything in that range is fair game. A 24.185 signal isn't automatically a false and neither is a 24.055.

Also, a Stalker gun might easily run 34.630 or 34.770 or even further out in each direction. 34.700 is the center frequency. Think of it as a blob on a number line where the highest portion is at 34.7 but the edges of the same blob touch 34.600 and 34.800. (Or further)
Same applies to 33.8 and 35.5.

What you are wanting is to enable Automatic Lockouts in JBV1.
Settings > Lockouts
Turn on Auto Lockouts
Turn on K Band Lockouts and maybe X Band too.
I highly recommend that you don't enable Ka Auto Lockouts. You might do it anyway and one day it might bite you. Trust us!

Here's how you properly establish a Ka lockout for that one you run across daily:
When you get the alert that you see everyday, drive slowly if you can and when the signal strength is highest, click on the alert showing on the screen. Choose "Lockout".

Now you are probably thinking, "Hey! I can do that with all of the K-band stuff too!" Yes, you can; but if you do that, it's a lot of extra work for you and it won't beat the automatic lockouts in performance. Just let it do it's own thing and enjoy the process. :)

InsipidMonkey

Essential Monkey
Security
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Good advice on the K band frequency range!

I highly recommend that you don't enable Ka Auto Lockouts. You might do it anyway and one day it might bite you. Trust us!
FWIW, I have Ka band auto-lockouts enabled to handle some Ka band speed signs in my area. With the way JBV1 handles autolockouts (tight tolerance and 1:1 lockout to signal ratio, plus auto learn and unlearn), I'm not too worried about missing a legit threat.

Bloovy One

135,000+ miles with JBV1!
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Perhaps I'm being too paranoid about Ka. :) I agree with your reasoning. Thanks for the input @InsipidMonkey!

Beemerchef

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Before I get to what you are asking about lockouts, I'd like to correct something that might be crucial.
You might find Police K anywhere from 24.090 to 24.210. Don't limit your understanding to 24.125 or 24.150 only. The specification is 24.050 to 24.250 and anything in that range is fair game. A 24.185 signal isn't automatically a false and neither is a 24.055.

Also, a Stalker gun might easily run 34.630 or 34.770 or even further out in each direction. 34.700 is the center frequency. Think of it as a blob on a number line where the highest portion is at 34.7 but the edges of the same blob touch 34.600 and 34.800. (Or further)
Same applies to 33.8 and 35.5.

What you are wanting is to enable Automatic Lockouts in JBV1.
Settings > Lockouts
Turn on Auto Lockouts
Turn on K Band Lockouts and maybe X Band too.

Here's how you properly establish a Ka lockout for that one you run across daily:
When you get the alert that you see everyday, drive slowly if you can and when the signal strength is highest, click on the alert showing on the screen. Choose "Lockout".

Now you are probably thinking, "Hey! I can do that with all of the K-band stuff too!" Yes, you can; but if you do that, it's a lot of extra work for you and it won't beat the automatic lockouts in performance. Just let it do it's own thing and enjoy the process. :)

First of all, many many "Thank Yous" for taking the time to explain so well what one should know including myself. I was truly wondering about those number but as you write I had the feeling that such numbers would be a peak on a graph and the before and after are also to be watched. [I sure hope I make some sense here!!!]

I will never enable Auto Lockouts for sure. I drive very fast unfortunately [maybe not!!!] as I should have bought a Yugo instead!!!

I am going to read over a few times what you wrote, step by step and apply.

Very nice.

Signature 3.jpg

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
grock