V1G2 with V1C LE

R4D4RUS3R

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Searched but did not find what I was looking for. I have a V1G2 and purchased the V1C LE so I could use both my iOS device with V1Driver and JBV1. My plan is to have V1Driver connect each time I get in and out of the car to the G2 but use JBV1 as needed so I dont have to leave my Android device in the car full time or remember to bring it with me. Short trips around town the detector by itself covers my needs plus the auto lockouts V1Driver adds. Clearly I am an iOS user day to day.

Finally my question. Should I tell JBV1 to use the LE most of the time or the V1G2? I dont know if the settings in the app labeled G2 apply when using the LE or not. I assume they do since they are connected to a G2 but wanted to be sure and get some advice. If I need to flip my plan and use V1Driver with the LE and JBV1 with the G2 thats fine too but I like to see the bluetooth icon when heading out which is what happens when my iPad connects each time. Thanks.

johnboy00

Geaux Tigers!
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Software Developer
Reaction score
If you'll always be using another app to control V1, I'd recommend using JBV1 in standalone mode only (not connected to V1).

KASHER1979

Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
JBV1 Rocks!!! Love it!

Question Johnboy. Is there a way to make JBV1 automattically start in standalone mode? WHen I have tried it you have to always manually start in standalone each time.

It is such an AWESOME app though man really. I really enjoy using it with my Gen2!

2018GTI

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
JBV1 Rocks!!! Love it!

Question Johnboy. Is there a way to make JBV1 automattically start in standalone mode? WHen I have tried it you have to always manually start in standalone each time.

It is such an AWESOME app though man really. I really enjoy using it with my Gen2!
You can use the BT or WiFi trigger in Standalone.

R4D4RUS3R

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
If you'll always be using another app to control V1, I'd recommend using JBV1 in standalone mode only (not connected to V1).
My thought for now was to use the app like standalone mode which I have been doing but see the alerts and capture the data, not so much control of the device. But, I see your point and thank you for the reply. I might as well just setup the phone to be in the car full time. I bought it to use with the detector and to use your app so why not do it full time. I need to find the best way to fit the phone and my iPad in the car at the same time without it feeling like I have too much on the dash. I have some ideas. I never use my navigation screen except to backup so I could suction cup the phone there. If you ever find a way to integrate into Android auto I will be ready when I update my car again. Normally I would use CarPlay but for your app I would go AA just to get it on the dash. Now that would be a real winner. Thanks for all the work you do.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
grock