Standalone Stinger Fiber Laser with Strip Control

RedRocket

Lidar Shootist
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Really appreciate the list but unfortunately, no-one is with 800 miles of the Bay Area.
There're several members here who are spread across the State & they occasionally hold Meets.

I've always found the Stinger sys. vulnerable to Stalker XLR/RLR Lidars. (sliced right thru a 4-Front Sensor system on a GT3).
Hopefully the new Model is much improved.
*Be careful while zipping around in S.F. b/c they're used there. You should be fine against anything the Chippies are using.

Gorgeous ride that got an Install to match ! :thumbsup:

@STS-134

doubledge

PSL?
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Really appreciate the list but unfortunately, no-one is with 800 miles of the Bay Area.
Why don't you post in that section asking if there is anyone near you that can assist in testing your setup. As often as that list gets updated people buy and sell laser guns and some don't necessarily adversative themselves on that list. It's worth the small effort.

Transporter

ModWight Transporter
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
In front of you but behind a Rabbit - Hot'Lanta,GA
@Vortex Sounds like it is time to take the better half and the bambino on a road trip to test and review a Stinger install, maybe?

Vortex

Making Videos
Observer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
@Vortex Sounds like it is time to take the better half and the bambino on a road trip to test and review a Stinger install, maybe?

I've got my VIP installed permanently so it's not a big deal to turn it on and run it for a bit. For longer drives with the baby, I'm usually running the audio down low, especially when she's napping. It's pretty common that she falls asleep after leaving somewhere so we spend the next hour or so just driving a big loop around the city so she can sleep. :D

Testing laser is tougher, especially since the fiber heads are uninstalled in my closet, not to mention I get hit with laser maybe once a year if I'm lucky. So I normally rely on controlled testing for all the laser stuff. Radar's no big deal to run though.

Speaking of which, I wonder if there's been any Stinger updates recently. I can go check real quick.

doubledge

PSL?
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Trying to connect the OP with someone in the Bay Area. @STS-134 ???

Looks like you guys might be the closest. Anyone else in the Bay Area?

Dragons

Breathing fire
Advanced User
Reaction score
Speaking of which, I wonder if there's been any Stinger updates recently. I can go check real quick.
There was a laser update back in June, but nothing really new on the radar front.

The most recent laser update seems ready to go a little quicker than before, and perhaps a little better sensitivity.

Appologies for not replying to this a little sooner!

Harold

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
BTW @admin, should this topic be moved to the laser forum?

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radar1972