Red Light Camera

biolink

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I haven't been through PV in a while but I knew it was a likely spot to test against a van. On my way there I saw three interesting with red-light / speed cameras. I picked multiple signals and can only guess that those little boxes on top are transmitting radar. What the heck for? My understanding is the intersection speed is found with sensors in the road. Any ideas from the group?
20200804_163000.jpg

VariableWave

Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
This is either a Red Light Cam that will be reported as MRCT to detect a vehicles presence at running the intersection, and can record Speeds... or it is a Speed Cam, if not at a Intersection. Heard that times they can record a vehicles speed at an Intersection even if the light doesn't record a Red Light violation, as you are speeding through.

biolink

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Paradise Valley AZ

SwankPeRFection

Corgi Lovers
Beginner User
Reaction score
That’s typical red light camera with radar for speed pickup. The photo ticket you get in the mail has your speed on it as well running the red light. It’s like that to show that you weren’t standing still when it took the photo. Gen 1 detects these as K band. We have the same ones in my area at some intersections.

LouG

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
We have dual units, RLC and Speed detection. I think they're Redflex too.
Personally speaking, anyone who speeds through redlights should be hung, drawn and quartered.
It could be your family they destroy.

SwankPeRFection

Corgi Lovers
Beginner User
Reaction score
Around here they’re used for left turn portions of an intersection. People pushing the yellow light and crossing into intersection right as it turns red. They were installed over 10 or 15 years ago as nothing more than a money making solution at three district intersections and that’s it. They’re still in use today, but hardly anyone gets tagged anymore. They’re mostly a K band noise nuisance than anything else now.

biolink

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I remember when Mesa AZ put them in,, they made a big deal about a demographics study to make sure the placement didn't unfairly target one group over another. Currently Mesa loves to place them in school zones and red lights. I'm good with both. Th÷ school zones are 35 during school and 45 otherwise.

biolink

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I remember when Mesa AZ put them in,, they made a big deal about a demographics study to make sure the placement didn't unfairly target one group over another. Currently Mesa loves to place them in school zones and red lights. I'm good with both. Th÷ school zones are 35 during school and 45 otherwise.
I gotta stop posting on my phone. How did this get underlined?

True2020Vision

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Did your radar detector alert (if at all) with enough time to check your speed?

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
grock