Highway Radar v2.4: Open API, better arrows, and more

ferius

More arrows please
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
Does WzSabre require any special battery optimization or power saving exemptions to function optimally?
Technically, it shouldn't. AFAIK it starts the foreground service which bypasses all battery-related optimizations. I think it is better to ask @schuster though.

schuster

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Technically, it shouldn't. AFAIK it starts the foreground service which bypasses all battery-related optimizations. I think it is better to ask @schuster though.

You are right. There is no necessity to turn off battery optimizations.
Post automatically merged:

Highly surprised by the popularity of this post! Didn't expect it)

Last edited:

Matthewstorm

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I can never get this to work. Obviously, some thing I'm doing wrong. Put in www.waze.com and nothing. Always says GPS not working. I got it to work way back when but then there was an update and it broke. Help.

ferius

More arrows please
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
I can never get this to work. Obviously, some thing I'm doing wrong. Put in www.waze.com and nothing. Always says GPS not working. I got it to work way back when but then there was an update and it broke. Help.

Could you attach a screenshot of your start screen, and a screenshot of the "GPS not working" error?

Krus8r

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Is there any special requirements in order to get heat maps working? When I first started using HR (current production version on Samsung Tab Android v9), they worked fine. Somewhere along the way they just stopped working. There were a couple of Android patches along the way. Today I became a beta tester thinking that may re-enable them but it didn’t. I have cleared the app cache for HR (not data cache). I tried disabling auto zoom. Nothing seems to get them back.

Thanks for any thoughts...

Choose Life

35.5 hater R3 Day One User
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I too am using Android 10 on a galaxy device and cannot get heat mode to work despite it being active @ferius

Choose Life

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score

ferius

More arrows please
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
I have not gotten a heat map (any color) since I bought a bargain level galaxy running Android 10 almost 2mos ago

Traveling inter and intra state
Hm, that is definitely not how it is supposed to work. Just to confirm, you activated it the in-drive menu, right? (in-drive menu - button in the lower right corner displayed while the service is started)

Choose Life

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
you activated it the in-drive menu, right?
Actually
No
I'm a total fkin idiot

The app is set up so well and there's so much granular control
I just did it like I do daze a set and forget after I went through settings

What threw me was having control of it (so I thought) in display

The fire icon is much cleaner then words and cant think of a method to point users to the heat map

I failed to see the importance of the in drive menu because its seamless
Rather than seamless while still showing significance

I could see this becoming a problem in the set and forget crowd when the app gets more popular

But right now doesnt seem like you hear it very much

And think it was about halfway ignorant on my part

With so much control I've never been frightened before to make a setting change (severity estimation method)
That's Even Uniform Exponential and Fibonacci

It looks like a standard algo change
But to what degree or how had me eating comfort food and questioning every book I've ever read

Krus8r

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Hm, that is definitely not how it is supposed to work. Just to confirm, you activated it the in-drive menu, right? (in-drive menu - button in the lower right corner displayed while the service is started)
Well that was easy. I must have inadvertently hit that fire icon, not realizing what it was for. Thanks Ferius!

Choose Life

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I'm not sure how you're coming across this data on pullovers or how granular you can get with the info

Do you think its possible to make a separate heat map and severity ranking for lidar only ticket areas?

I realize it would have missing values but that missing data would be covered by the standard heat map and could be explained to the user

ferius

More arrows please
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
I'm not sure how you're coming across this data on pullovers or how granular you can get with the info

Do you think its possible to make a separate heat map and severity ranking for lidar only ticket areas?

I realize it would have missing values but that missing data would be covered by the standard heat map and could be explained to the user
1) No, it isn't possible to add granularity
2) PM'ed you how the heat map is generated

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deathkillex