R3 not lighting up

ZeeBabar

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Sorry if this has been covered before. My R3 display light is off. It still gives audio signals letting me know K band or Ka band, etc., but the light is off so I don’t get any visual warning or GPS at all.

Is there a way to get the light back on?

Brainstorm69

TXCTG - 2016 MOTY
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
First thing to do would be to check and make sure you didn't accidentally turn the display off. To do that, press and hold the "Mute/Dim" button on the front of the detector while it is powered on.

Last edited:

Ropchips

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Yep. This . You also can use the Mute button if you've installed the hardwire kit.
Once you've entered the change display settings you can cycle through Auto, Bright, Dim, Dimmer, Dark and Off with each press of the Mute/Dim button.

Sent from my

Last edited:

ZeeBabar

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Thanks, will try tomorro.

ZeeBabar

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
It did not work. When I press the mute button, and hold it, I hear the dim, bright, stuff but the detector has no lights. I get the sound warning, and I have been driving with that guiding me, but the lights and K, ka, etc., don’t come on.

I guess my only choice is to use it as it is (it picks up radar quite well) or buy something else. Can’t afford a new one.

Ropchips

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
It did not work. When I press the mute button, and hold it, I hear the dim, bright, stuff but the detector has no lights. I get the sound warning, and I have been driving with that guiding me, but the lights and K, ka, etc., don’t come on.

I guess my only choice is to use it as it is (it picks up radar quite well) or buy something else. Can’t afford a new one.
Contact Uniden support. They just might take care of the issue free of charge. My experience with them was pleasant.

I always run with display off and rely on the alert led on the hardwire kit for the visual.
Post automatically merged:

Last edited:

Brainstorm69

TXCTG - 2016 MOTY
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score

First, is it still within warranty? If so, contact Uniden to get it repaired. Second, if it's out of warranty, I believe you can send it in and Uniden will fix the problem for $89 or so. Either way, I'd contact Uniden unless you're happy using it as is. I know I wouldn't be.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FireballRoberts21