Possibility of using Stinger Heads with ALP CPU?

TonyGG

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I don’t know if this is possible. But, has anyone ever paired the ALP CPU with the Stinger transmitter and receiver heads? I was wondering if the ALP cpu is just looking for a signal from the heads and therefore it might be able to use the Stingers smaller fibre optic heads?

GoWFO

If you have to go... GoWFO!
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Not gonna work, they are two totally different hardware/firmware pieces

ARkaband

Safe Speeder
Intermediate User
Reaction score
No, don't try it. You could cause hardware damage. The two systems are not compatible with each other.

Dragons

Breathing fire
Advanced User
Reaction score
As one of the few people on the forum that owns both systems;
Wishful thinking, but not gonna work, entirely incompatible.

jon5

PSL + (O / U)
Advanced User
Reaction score
These responses are disappointing. Saying they are incompatible seems a bit simplistic. At the basic level, we're talking about fairly basic components.

I would imagine that if you were to break down an ALP head you may be able to "map" the transmitter and receiver components to the stingers individual components.

Having said that, even if you were able to do that, and there was compatible voltage/amperage and resistance, you would likely lose sensitivity. As i understand it, the ALP has more than one receiver on each head, giving it a better chance to catch a signal where the stinger may miss it.

Now, all my theory aside. If you really wanted to do this, you could just run fibers to the individual components in the ALP head yourself. Unfortunately, fiber likely already presents additional engineering conundrums, which guarantee reduced capability. Maybe that's acceptable to you though for stealth. For me, fibers were never worth it.

Last edited:

TonyGG

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Not gonna work, they are two totally different hardware/firmware pieces
Thank you
Post automatically merged:

As one of the few people on the forum that owns both systems;
Wishful thinking, but not gonna work, entirely incompatible.
Thanks... Good to know.

No, don't try it. You could cause hardware damage. The two systems are not compatible with each other.
OK... Thanks for sharing

These responses are disappointing. Saying they are incompatible seems a bit simplistic. At the basic level, we're talking about fairly basic components.

I would imagine that if you were to break down an ALP head you may be able to "map" the transmitter and receiver components to the stingers individual components.

Having said that, even if you were able to do that, and there was compatible voltage/amperage and resistance, you would likely lose sensitivity. As i understand it, the ALP has more than one receiver on each head, giving it a better chance to catch a signal where the stinger may miss it.

Now, all my theory aside. If you really wanted to do this, you could just run fibers to the individual components in the ALP head yourself. Unfortunately, fiber likely already presents additional engineering conundrums, which guarantee reduced capability. Maybe that's acceptable to you though for stealth. For me, fibers were never worth it.
Very interesting. Good theory, but, I think I’ll take everyone advice. Maybe I send a suggestion to ALP to offer alternate smaller transmitter and receiver heads for better stealth installations. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Last edited:

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrGuy58